• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jobs that let you work less, earn more.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So even so... What is work? Obviously they don't count sitting around on company time work, just flying as work. Not exactly a fair way to look at it.

Actually it is. That is what you work. As far as the waiting to work, that's why you have per diem and duty rigs. You're not at home on your couch, but waiting around at the terminal is not exactly work either. That's part of our job description which you sign up for. A lot of down time also comes from commuting which the company is not responsible for either.

Pilot jobs

Funny thing when I lost my job last winter I posted my resume on Career Builder. One of the keys words I used was pilot. I got 76 job responses. Man I was ready to put the suit and go interview. Turned out they were all at the chain of Pilot Truck stops in the Midwest, everything from cashier, janitorial services and short order cook. I decided not to interview. So much for job web sites.

Last edited:
You forgot copilots and flight engineers, they're part of the figure too.
Yeah! managing those guys is work! Keeping the F/Os from porking the F/As, and making sure the S/O has enough Depends and Geritol is pure he11
PBR

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back