• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Jobs that let you work less, earn more.

Max Q

ಠ_ಠ
Total Time
Eleven
So the average pilot works less than 25 hours/week and makes 6 figures?

Also, define "work"...

G2T

Total Time
>8000
Also, define "work"...

That's the problem right there. Often the hardest work and most stressful part of my day occurs with the break set. Gate agents, rampers, arguing w/ dispatch over fuel because they didn't plan for holding going to ewr, hotel van drivers...

CMI

folgers from a tube sock
Total Time
ATP
That's the problem right there. Often the hardest work and most stressful part of my day occurs with the break set. Gate agents, rampers, arguing w/ dispatch over fuel because they didn't plan for holding going to ewr, hotel van drivers...

Gents, you are forgetting that there is more to aviation than part 121. Think Netjets, part 91 gulfstream jobs etc...

Last edited:

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Seems pretty accurate to me. I probably work less then that though.

Exskydiverdrivr

still fly a load or two
Total Time
Add 80 hrs yr for jepps 2-3 quarterly for recurrent , the 5 or so hours daily airport appreciation time. And my commute ( my choice). I bet I come in under the tree pruner's salary.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
You guys have to realize that this was not just published for regional pilots, it is across the entire industry.

777forever

Total Time
Well I got paid $2850 this month for 7 hrs of block and 44 hrs of duty...gotta love it

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
There are as many or more regional pilots than mainline pilots now though
I fully understand that. But these numbers include NetJets, 91 operators, large corporate departments, high net worth individuals departments, mainline, and cargo pilots. Regional pilots are the lowest paid of the bunch, so while the numbers may seem way out of line to you, they in fact are not that out of line.

OCP

Total Time
eh...
So even so... What is work? Obviously they don't count sitting around on company time work, just flying as work. Not exactly a fair way to look at it.

siucavflight

Back from the forsaken
Total Time
Thats the other part of it OCP, I would consider all time being away as home as work. So even though I may only fly 20-40 hours a month I still find myself away from home for up to 120 hours a month.