Jobs for brand new commercial pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
CFI pay

I was making $18 hr in 1989. Go work as a contract CFI if you don't need insurance. Charge $30/hr minimum and provide outstanding service.

I agree with most of the people that have already posted. Getting your CFI and instructing is a good route to go. Not only do you build more time while you are working on geting your CFI, but after you get your certificate you can make money and build time. You can also get your MEI and build multi time and/or get your II and gain some good instrument experience. If you work at a relatively busy flight school, you can rack up time pretty quickly. I also think that you learn a lot from teaching. Just one guy's opinion.

traffic watch here in the boston area will hire with a commercial rating--no hour minimum. the pay is lousy, but there's lots of flying to be had.
East Coast Aero Club at BED provides the planes...you can call there to find out more info. There's a pretty high turnover at this gig...most people get up to about 500-1000 hours and wind up getting another job somewhere...a few have gone to regionals and some have gone corporate.

I am enjoying CFI work thus far....

Latest resources

Back