Jobs for brand new commercial pilot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

daviator28621

I've been reading a lot of posts saying fly traffic, pipeline etc.. to build enough time to be considered by regionals or corporate. My question is where do you find these jobs? I live in NC near the VA border. I am willing to relocate within reason to get what I need. I have been scouring the internet but so far have been unsucessful in finding someone looking for a truly low time commercial pilot (around 250 hours) I have 25 hours multi and lots of cross country and instrument. Any help is definately appreciated.
I would be willing to ride along (free) to pick up some time.
Thanks

Hey there. Why not continue your training and get your CFI, CFI-I, and MEI? It seems that flight instructor jobs are fairly easy to come by these days. Also, maybe you could do some part-time traffic watch or banner towing to pad your logbook. Good luck, and remember the first 1000 hours is always the toughest to get.

Take care,

Art V.

Hey there. Why not continue your training and get your CFI, CFI-I, and MEI? It seems that flight instructor jobs are fairly easy to come by these days.

How 'bout not wanting to hand over another 12grand to to make $12 an hour and struggling to get paid for 30hrs a week? Just a thought.

I think traffic watch requires at least 500TT, if not 750TT. Get your CFI/CFII/MEI and teach, it WILL make you a better pilot.

Try calling some aircraft sales places. Some hire lower time guys to ferry planes around. Its probably a long shot but if u can get in you'll fly a lot of different planes and be more experienced than your CFI counterparts. Great way to build time.

How 'bout not wanting to hand over another 12grand to to make $12 an hour and struggling to get paid for 30hrs a week? Just a thought.

Just trying to offer a helpful suggestion. By the look of your past posts, you seem extremely bitter and argumentative. With a more positive attitude, I am sure you will succeed in your endeavors, and possibly get more safety pilot time that you are looking to achieve.

As a CFI, I charged $35/hour, and between flight and ground training billed for about 100-150 hours a month. This was Part 61 for a smaller flying club in the midwest.

Good luck, and take care,

Art V.

The lowest mins I've seen without a CFI or PFT (bridge programs included) are in Hawaii flying C208's (400TT). Otherwise, if you were in buisness for yourself, you could work out your own mins with your insurance company.

Some folks want to own their own plane, but don't want to fly it themselves. I've seen 'em pay their pilots pretty well in Las Vegas. The problem is that you have to know somebody, your typical doctor/lawyer/real estate investor won't advertise on climbto350 or flightinfo.

thanks for the replies. I really don't want to be a cfi, I know some will bash me. If anyone knows of some specific places that are hiring true low time pilots let me know.

Thanks again

first job

I recommend checking out any skydiving operation that you can find. see. uspa.org. They always need pilots, and some an upgrade you to right seat on a twin turbine. You can also live on the dropzone (bring a trailer).

Downside is that it isn't great quality flight time, but it will fill up your book.

Also, go to banners at the beach.

Figure out what you want to do when you do get your 500-750 hours and make sure you are qualified (instrument and multi current). People skills are as important as flying skills, so don't neglect that issue either.

CFI work is still your best bet. It builds people skills and flying skills, and forces one to stick to "by the book" type of flying as you prepare students for their checkrides. A cfi job can lead to a part 91 job and then a part 121 or paert 135 position.

Flight hours won't get you a job. It's personality, skill, talent, and an ability to fit into a new organization. Plenty of ex-pilots out there who couldn't make a go of it.

Latest resources

Back