• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job Opening, Air Wisconsin CRJ First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am currently an employee at AWAC and applied. 4,500 hrs and been with the company for a few years. Got the E-mail saying thanks but no thanks, they are looking for someone with better qualifications. Haha, I am not qualified---so should I just stop showing up for work? Hmm, they'd probably fire me if they could anyways.

This just goes to show that there is absolutely no human interaction in this process. It is all automated through this E-recruiting site. Bizzare but not suprising at all.

I am currently an employee at AWAC and applied. 4,500 hrs and been with the company for a few years. Got the E-mail saying thanks but no thanks, they are looking for someone with better qualifications. Haha, I am not qualified---so should I just stop showing up for work? Hmm, they'd probably fire me if they could anyways.

This just goes to show that there is absolutely no human interaction in this process. It is all automated through this E-recruiting site. Bizzare but not suprising at all.

Now thats funny! I felt bad about my gettting the letter at first, but I feel alot better now!

LJ

HAHAAHA I just got an email yesterday about we're going to look for someone else. I didn't even apply at least lately. They must be cleaning house.

A question for those of you who are current or former regional pilots. Those who fly for the regionals do so with the purpose of hopefully working for a larger airlines (SWA, Airtran, and etc.). These carriers require pilot applicants to have a certain amount of experience in turbine powered airplanes. Other than flying in the military, the regional airline industry is the main way to get this flight experience.

I have read alot of negative comments about how bad the regional airlines are (poor pay, schedules, management, and etc.). If you could go back in time, would you still have flown for the regional airlines, found another way to get the experience (other than the military), or chosen another career field?

A question for those of you who are current or former regional pilots. Those who fly for the regionals do so with the purpose of hopefully working for a larger airlines (SWA, Airtran, and etc.). These carriers require pilot applicants to have a certain amount of experience in turbine powered airplanes. Other than flying in the military, the regional airline industry is the main way to get this flight experience.

I have read alot of negative comments about how bad the regional airlines are (poor pay, schedules, management, and etc.). If you could go back in time, would you still have flown for the regional airlines, found another way to get the experience (other than the military), or chosen another career field?

Career Field...

YES STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM REGIONJALS.

Do pt135 turbine or pt135 cargo. All the mainline CAFOs that I talk on the jumpseat did it that way and it seemed like it was a lot more fun for them.

Do pt135 turbine or pt135 cargo. All the mainline CAFOs that I talk on the jumpseat did it that way and it seemed like it was a lot more fun for them.[/QUOTe

Sounds like a possible and good idea for airline hopefulls. Are there many paart 135 jobs out there?

Do pt135 turbine or pt135 cargo. All the mainline CAFOs that I talk on the jumpseat did it that way and it seemed like it was a lot more fun for them.

Really? I chose 135 because I did not want to be part of the airlines. I also had the EXPECTATION that the airlines would not want me because I would become such a lousy pilot.

Think TWICE before you want to fly 135 pax. Unless you like cleaning. The job is more like being a mega yacht crew than a pilot. Well I guess there are no good looking women, so it still sucks compared to the mega yacht job...

This is my second career. Had I known it was going to get like this, I would have prepared better. I have no regrets. I would like to get my dream job. But if I don't, I won't cry over it.
Just make the best of it and the best of this current situation.

Latest resources

Back