Job offer, don't know what to do

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't see where he mentioned pt 91.

I don't see where he mentioned 135/charter, or single pilot ops for that matter.

Chief Pilot is just a title, often meaning one has aircraft management responsibilities. I'm Chief Pilot for a one jet, two pilot flight department...and CP sounds a little more realistic for a department of that size than "Director of Operations"...even though both essentially do the same job regardless of department size.

I have the pay scales in front of me right now
Citation light jet captain varies by model from low 46,000 citation 1 to high citation excel 108,000. Average range is 50,000 - 85,000 for the same two aircraft. Chief pilot is low 50,000 to high 129,000. Average range 65,000 - 99,000. Will you make 50,000 forever? That makes a big difference. At asa next year you could make over 40,000 so it is only 10,000 more a year. If it takes you 3 more years to upgrade you have lost about 30,000 but you will make around 70,000 as a captain at ASA. 1.5 years makes that up and then you are making more every year. Not saying don't take it but I would look real hard. Why did the last guy leave? How is the QOL? Days off? On call? I did part 135 before I came here and even on reserve my QOL was so much better.

while between jobs, I would have leaped at this in a heartbeat. 55K pays a lot of bills, when combined with your wife's 30K.

maybe, but the poster isn't between jobs. you know as well as I do that the owner is just looking for a cheap way to get someone in that position.

If your goal is the majors, stay on your CRJ.

If you want to fly corporate, take the Citation job. Networking is the way to advance in the corporate aviation arena - and you will meet a lot more corp pilots in an FBO vs an airline terminal...

accept the job but only with a written provision for if they cancel the position. The provision should include some sort of severance package

Latest resources

Back