• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job offer, don't know what to do

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
55K for a chief pilot is a joke. Im assuming its a 91 job flying a 500 or SII. Keep in mind that not only will you be flying for this joker, but taking care of maint, training and other tasks. I've seen it a million times. Tread lightly and make sure you know 110% what is expected of you before you commit. Good Luck

No offense to the poster, but 2500TT for a "chief pilot" is a joke, too.

Is ASA/XJT a combined list or are they still separate? Between the two companies, you only need 2,000 pilots to leave for you to upgrade, and 50-seaters aren't exactly something I'd bet my career on.

$55k to manage a Citation in the midwest is terrible. At least $20k too low, and even then its still a fair bit below average NBAA Jet II Chief Pilot pay.

And I say that as a guy who left a regional FO job with the same amount of total time you have about 4 years ago and manages a Citation in the midwest.

You should probably see if you are even insurable as PIC on the Citation, at the hull & liability figures the company/owner requires.

Ultra. Columbus, OH. 182 days a year max. 3 weeks of vacation. Free medical. 50% match on 401k. ;)

I'm sure 495 of your former colleagues who lost their jobs when the airplane sales ponzi scheme fell apart wish they were still making that kind of coin, too...

I'm sure 495 of your former colleagues who lost their jobs when the airplane sales ponzi scheme fell apart wish they were still making that kind of coin, too...

As do I. Got a lot of friends on that list.

55K is ridiculous for a citation chief pilot position. you have to wonder what kind of stability you'd have in that position. not that the airlines are stable, but sometimes these places just up and close shop or sell the jet one day. If it was me i'd stay put unless they come up on the pay closer to about 90K or more. Also you're QOL...who know what it'll be at the citation job. I know when i flew charter/corp. I was "on call" or doing other odd jobs just about every day.

55 is good money for a Citation F.O.! A few things scare the hell out of me about this Citation job. #1 is they are looking to hire a young totally inexperienced “chief” pilot. #2. They want to pay about ½ the going rate for a “chief” pilot. What else are they going to skimp on? Is it single pilot? I doubt they can get insurance for a 26 year old captain with 2500 TT 0 time in type. I remember having the insurance company jack our rates and have some significantly increased requirements when we put a 25 year old as PIC of a Cessna 206. I would say be very careful at worst and at best run the other way.

55K is ridiculous for a citation chief pilot position.
while between jobs, I would have leaped at this in a heartbeat. 55K pays a lot of bills, when combined with your wife's 30K.

There is also at least 3 year PIC within 5 years requirement to be a chief pilot. POI can waive at their discretion. Just something else to think about before you put your notice in.

Latest resources

Back