• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job losses/furloughs so far...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Joe... McCain or Obama campaigns been talking to ALPA??

I don't care if either talk to ALPA.....The way things are going.....ALPA issues are going to be the least of our problems.....Most of us won't be working at all.....

Country and Economy must come first.....

*this is not flame bait*

What do you plan to do about it? We can sit here and whine (like the majority of pilots do all too well) or you can come up with a solution. Do you have a plan B? If not, now might be the time to get one. For as smart as pilots are, we are really dumb when it comes to thinking beyond the next let (of our lives). Go make something happen folks!

AZ T

*this is not flame bait*

What do you plan to do about it? We can sit here and whine (like the majority of pilots do all too well) or you can come up with a solution. Do you have a plan B? If not, now might be the time to get one. For as smart as pilots are, we are really dumb when it comes to thinking beyond the next let (of our lives). Go make something happen folks!

AZ T

What I can do is do my job the best that I can, eliminate controllable delays, and provide great customer service. Then maybe people won't mind paying what their ticket SHOULD cost, and the airline can actually MAKE money. That's the best way to get the guys on the street back in the cockpit.

All the above, and some people at ASA are complaining about not getting 900's and not trying as hard as a result. Give me a break!

Jump, I don't get it?

701EV

What I can do is do my job the best that I can, eliminate controllable delays, and provide great customer service. Then maybe people won't mind paying what their ticket SHOULD cost, and the airline can actually MAKE money. That's the best way to get the guys on the street back in the cockpit.
I think you're headed in the right direction, ie, do what is in your control, but even more important than customer satisfaction (because we all know most just go for the cheapest ticket anyway), you can operate efficiently and safely.

If you can eliminate accidents, reduce wear and tear, and plan ahead to make your flight as efficient as possible, these are things we can do to help our companies save money.

Back on subject, though, I can't help but think of how things would be different if they didn't raise the retirement age to 65. To me, it seems pretty obvious that the motivating factor at the time was the pilot shortage (not that we suddenly discovered that flying after 60 can still be safe).

We're counting over 3000 lost jobs, anyone have a figure for the number of 60 year olds still flying? How abou the number who are about to turn 60 and plan to continue flying?

Look, I'm not saying you're wrong. But do you honestly believe that load of union crap? (and I believe in unions at airlines). Nobody is going to take care of your tail end when you're on the street. Don't ask me how I know that. You can put 100% into your job, and you should, but when you get the pink slip, nobody at the company will give ONE CRAP ABOUT YOU. THAT's why I am recommending EVERYONE have a plan B - be it another job, another career, a part-time business, the lotto...SOMETHING. You are a number, and when your number is up, you're income will stop, I can guarantee it.

AZ T

Latest resources

Back