• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job losses/furloughs so far...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wait until Obama completely wrecks the economy (what's left of it)..... This is gonna be a blast!

Just wait till McCain "fights the unions" like he promised he would in a national speech.

What's your thoughts on when the pilots who decided to stay until 65 retire? That's a good number of baby boomers that got a few extra years. I don't foresee a pilot shortage but things could start looking up within the next few years.
I do forsee a pilot shortatge, again. Once these guys start turning 65, combined with a healthy economy (hopefully), the next shortage should be worse than 2007.

You might think, "well don't tell that to the guys in the flight school, or else it won't happen," but really, with the cost of flying and the difficult future of financing, it's going to be real tough for new pilots to "make it work."

I do forsee a pilot shortatge, again. Once these guys start turning 65, combined with a healthy economy (hopefully), the next shortage should be worse than 2007.

You might think, "well don't tell that to the guys in the flight school, or else it won't happen," but really, with the cost of flying and the difficult future of financing, it's going to be real tough for new pilots to "make it work."

You forgot to add that airlines may need financing to keep their operations a float. that maybe a tall order if you are already leveraged to the eyeballs, assets that are old or useless on anybody's market. I wonder which bank would like to step up and admit they are extending credit, pardon me, flushing someone's money down the toilet. That bozo at GE maybe walking the plank sooner than you think!

You forgot to add that airlines may need financing to keep their operations a float. that maybe a tall order if you are already leveraged to the eyeballs, assets that are old or useless on anybody's market. I wonder which bank would like to step up and admit they are extending credit, pardon me, flushing someone's money down the toilet. That bozo at GE maybe walking the plank sooner than you think!
If they're going to cut airline financing, they should cut it from startup airlines (like JetBlue and Skybus) who come in with a business model of undercutting everyone else.

Latest resources

Back