• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jimmie Johnsons G150 off the end at Key West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I found it quite interesting that in all the pictures I could find neither bucket was out and the spoilers were retracted. If you were rolling off the end dont you think that one, if not both would be in a condition to land? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I found it quite interesting that in all the pictures I could find neither bucket was out and the spoilers were retracted. If you were rolling off the end dont you think that one, if not both would be in a condition to land? Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

I suppose it depends on how they shut the plane down before exiting. It could be the evac checklist items would result in TR's being stowed as well as the spoilers.

If I recall, that plane has 731's on it. So if they shut down via the thrust-levers, you'd have to stow the TR's to get the levers into cutoff. You'd likely only see the TR's out if you shut down with the T handles.

Be interesting if anyone reports any skid marks.

Spoilers would have gone down quickly. With the nose gear removed, hydraulics were gone. One of the pictures I saw showed the nose gear laying in the ditch.

Squat switch issue? Unfamiliar with the aircraft.

Spoilers would have gone down quickly. With the nose gear removed, hydraulics were gone. One of the pictures I saw showed the nose gear laying in the ditch.

Squat switch issue? Unfamiliar with the aircraft.

Yep, didn't know the gear came off.

On another note, it's it's darn nice to be able to call up Gulfstream in SAV and tell 'em to send a plane to haul us out of there!

Thats the other issue I found funny. Does anyone know what they flew out of EYW to get home? I'm assuming that it was one of his other aircraft. I'll be interested to see if JJ sticks with the 150 moving forward.

Thats the other issue I found funny. Does anyone know what they flew out of EYW to get home? I'm assuming that it was one of his other aircraft. I'll be interested to see if JJ sticks with the 150 moving forward.

Go back to the Hawker Jimmie! WAY better looking and lift dump would have been very nice!!

That 150 is one ugly airplane!

Go back to the Hawker Jimmie! WAY better looking and lift dump would have been very nice!!

That 150 is one ugly airplane!

But the G150 is more efficient, flying further and faster for less fuel, with a nice-sized external baggage compartment.

But the G150 is more efficient, flying further and faster for less fuel, with a nice-sized external baggage compartment.

The G150 burns less fuel on a given trip but top the tanks and it carries half the payload of the Hawker. Efficiency is lost if you have to fly 2 G150's to move 8 people nonstop instead of 1 Hawker. Also the Hawker is superior when it comes to landing on runways like KEYW. And, as previously stated, the G150 IS butt-ugly.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back