Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetSuite (SoCal Phenom 100 Operator) Updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I decided to pass on interview today as well. I have tried repeatedly to get more info on the job such as compensation, benefits, schedule from JetSuite. Just the basics and not ground breaking stuff.

What information I did get was very vague and the rest treated like a state secret. I definitely didn't feel comfortable providing all my documents in advance to them at their request for a possible background check that might alert my current employer.

Job looks promising however I think in this economy I'm better off staying with my stable job for now. At least until such time as JetSuite decides to be more upfront with providing more info about the job. Who interviews for a job without doing due diligence first??

Good luck to all :)

Bartttman,

Perhaps they were looking for people who were actually committed to the potential position vs. just window-shoppers? If you are willing to follow all of those onerous steps then you must be really interested... Just speculating.

I must say that the model is very interesting and the airplane looks like it would be fun to fly around the West Coast. A recovering economy certainly would improve their prospects - let's hope it starts soon.

Good luck to all!

I hope to get some info too..If nobody gives any I'll treat it like a JetBlue interview. I'm hoping to at least get more details of the actual job package though.

Please share when you get more information. Also, do we know if they plan to hire more later in the year? I presume they would with growth if Jetsuite starts to do well in the market.

Any more details?

So, now that the first round of interviews for initial hires is finished, anyone care to share some more details about:
  • starting pay (Capt and FO)
  • schedule (week on/week off or 14 days straight or alternate schedule)
  • opening of additional domiciles beyond LGB including likely timing, etc.
Any additional details to share? Not much info out there...

PMs are welcome if necessary. Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Bartttman,

Perhaps they were looking for people who were actually committed to the potential position vs. just window-shoppers? If you are willing to follow all of those onerous steps then you must be really interested... Just speculating.

I must say that the model is very interesting and the airplane looks like it would be fun to fly around the West Coast. A recovering economy certainly would improve their prospects - let's hope it starts soon.

Good luck to all!

Maybe you should leave the speculation to the experts then. An interview is a two way street and it's not a crime to learn as much about a company as you can. Especially when you have family to consider.

Hopefully you aren't one of those guys who is just happy to have a flying job. How can anyone be committed to a potential position without information? Sounds like a naive statement.

Based upon the lack of information I decided to pass on the interview. Not a personal judgement against JS. Anyhow, I was just trying to share what I knew about JS with the rest of those seeking information.

Good luck.

Last edited:
The info earlier in this thread addressed pay, schedule, and domiciles to the extent that any of us know at this point.

The interview process was prompt, professional, and friendly. I think it could be a great opportunity. Just know that in this environment they get the pick of the litter.

How soon before people start hearing interview results? I hear the calibre of candidates was very high.

Also, what is the projected start-up date? Early summer?

Good luck to all!

Planned class was for 6 on June 1st. I did the meet and greet Friday eve and interviewed Saturday morning with 11 others. I believe 47 people interviewed Fri and Sat all together. Sounds like JetSuite will hire 30 pilots this year total. First base too open will be Long Beach then Las Vegas or SFO and Phx eventually(I think). 14 to 16 day bid per month at a rate of 400 per day. You can live where ever you want as long as your at base on your first day on.
I enjoyed the Meet and Greet and the interview seemed laid back as well. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I thought the JetSuite Team was really a great group and I believe this company will be a success.

Planned class was for 6 on June 1st. I did the meet and greet Friday eve and interviewed Saturday morning with 11 others. I believe 47 people interviewed Fri and Sat all together. Sounds like JetSuite will hire 30 pilots this year total. First base too open will be Long Beach then Las Vegas or SFO and Phx eventually(I think). 14 to 16 day bid per month at a rate of 400 per day. You can live where ever you want as long as your at base on your first day on.
I enjoyed the Meet and Greet and the interview seemed laid back as well. I haven't heard back from anyone yet. I thought the JetSuite Team was really a great group and I believe this company will be a success.

You mention 14-16 day bid per month. Are we talking 14 concurrent days (i.e., 2 weeks in a row) or split into groups of days?

Is the $400/day a Captain or FO rate? If it is a Capt rate, what would be the proposed FO rate?

You mention 14-16 day bid per month. Are we talking 14 concurrent days (i.e., 2 weeks in a row) or split into groups of days?

Is the $400/day a Captain or FO rate? If it is a Capt rate, what would be the proposed FO rate?

I believe they said it will be a bid put out with groups of days split up through out the month. Some one asked if it would be 14 in a row and was told "They did not think so." I also heard some one say prob be 4-8 days on with some days off and so on. I don't think it is all worked out yet.

No one in my group asked about FO pay. I believe everyone hired will be trained single pilot so not sure if there is an FO pay scale. Again I'm not sure on this one.

Latest resources

Back