• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The Blue Dart program is the random selection of a number of pilots at JetBlue each time there are interviews(not sure of the exact number or % of interviewees). Once their names are selected, that pilot may use the dart for a friend of theirs. Provided that friend has a current application on file, and meets the minimums, he/she will be scheduled for an interview, without having to do the phone screening.

Disclaimer: This information is worth what you paid for it!

On JB's website, their mins require letters of recommendation from pilots within the company. Are they pretty hardcore on this? I don't know anyone there but it seems like a great company to work for. 210

Fracster said:
I don't think it has anything to do with it. With the new format if you dont have over 6000TT you probably wont get looked at anyhow. Thats just my opinion. And for the record Im not at that mark either so Im not picking on you.

Just remember, they can't hire all the guys/gals, 40-55 year olds with 6000-10000 hours. Everyone would retire at the same time and all they would be doing is hiring from the furloughed major airlines. They need quotas, i.e., 25-35 year old, with 3000-5000 hours, 35-45 year old with 4000-6000, 45-60 year old with 60000-10000 hours. And yes, I would bet they hire 55-60 year old. I would think "interview selection computer" crunches the numbers of the applications on file and selects the applicants based on what the companies needs are at that time.

It probably doesn't matter how much total time you have as long as you fit the computers profile for the computers data search, on that exact day. It may be different every single time they search for the up-coming interview. More total time certainly helps as it should move you higher up on the search.

210tothemarker said:
On JB's website, their mins require letters of recommendation from pilots within the company. Are they pretty hardcore on this? I don't know anyone there but it seems like a great company to work for. 210

That is not correct. We do require 3 letters, but NOT from JB Pilots. They certainly might carry more weight if they were from JB guys, but they don't have to be. There is also an opportunity for ANY JB employee to write an online recommendation (this is separate from the letters and not required) and it helps a lot too.

Cyaaaaa and good luck.

Just to be clear, the blue dart will only get you an interview if you meet the minimums. No one with less than that can get an interview (unless you are one of Barger's friends I guess). And the online rec or any other rec does nothing until you get pulled by the computer for an interview (again, there are probably rare exceptions).

Hey Race Pilot-

Is the picture in your avatar the new tail design for 2005?

Cheers!

GP

Race Pilot said:
Just to be clear, the blue Fart will only get you an interview if you meet the minimums. No one with less than that can get an interview (again, there are probably rare exceptions).

Very interesting

Another one joins the club

Hey Bill, we just sent you another freight dog. Starts next month.

Last edited:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Race Pilot
Just to be clear, the blue Fart will only get you an interview if you meet the minimums. No one with less than that can get an interview (again, there are probably rare exceptions).

Edited

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back