Jetblue

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sberry

I am currently a turboprop captain at a regional. I meet all of JB's requirements but I do not have any jet time, Just curious if anyone has been hired at JB without any jet time. Thanks

I don't think it has anything to do with it. With the new format if you dont have over 6000TT you probably wont get looked at anyhow. Thats just my opinion. And for the record Im not at that mark either so Im not picking on you.

Fracster said:
I don't think it has anything to do with it. With the new format if you dont have over 6000TT you probably wont get looked at anyhow. Thats just my opinion. And for the record Im not at that mark either so Im not picking on you.

You are wrong. I have seen guys/gals with only 3000 hours and that is recent.

Flying Freddie said:
You are wrong. I have seen guys/gals with only 3000 hours and that is recent.

Are these military pilots? Are these recent hires ones who had a Blue Dart? 3000TT seems a bit low for a civilian with no dart.

Cheers!

GP

I was hired there last May with approx. 9600 hrs. No jet, most of it turboprop. Since then, two friends have been hired also, I believe neither had jet time. But, they both had at least the total time I had when hired. Certainly the Blue Dart helps, I wish I could tell you the magic formula. It does seem that there are a lot of pilots here that have instructor/check airman experience. Good luck.

Put in the application and keep updating it. I know that jetBlue looks at different groups, civ, jet, mil, fighter, transport. But you never know how your name might turn up. You won't ever get a job there if you don't apply.

TheTIC said:
Put in the application and keep updating it. I know that jetBlue looks at different groups, civ, jet, mil, fighter, transport. But you never know how your name might turn up. You won't ever get a job there if you don't apply.

Good advice. There might be something in your app that, combined with everything else in your app, makes you stand out. So apply. I had 2000 hours in the left seat of the 727, but no glass time, no blue dart, didn't know anyone. It costs nothing to apply, and although you spend hours cleaning the cabins of aircraft all over the ramp, including Song's on occasion (it's in our contract), this is an "ok" job!

IB6 UB9 said:
It costs nothing to apply, and although you spend hours cleaning the cabins of aircraft all over the ramp, including Song's on occasion (it's in our contract), this is an "ok" job!

I thought ya'll just cleaned Song's clocks?? that's not so bad...

Mookie:)

Latest resources

Back