Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

:-)

Hail Calvin
Does JetBlue's contract offer any work rules other than the FAR's?

Specifically, what about guaranteed days off? Or, maximum days per month?

Is it possible to build a commutable line with the JetBlue system, or do you essentially find yourself on a Charter/freightdog schedule?

Are there any provisions to protect pilots from circadian shift problems? (red eye flying followed by normal hour ops, or vice a versa)

Thank You

On average, I get 15-17 days off and mid 80's for credit. This month is 14 days off and 90 hours of credit. We use Flica for our real time schedules and 95% of the time its really easy to shift days around...the weekends are harder naturally. I am the last line holding E190 CA in BOS so even with being the bottom the days off are not that bad. Next month, on reserve but have friday, saterday and sunday off every week. I hope this helps.

Elton Prawn, what's that flower you have on?
Could it be a gay-ded rose from days gone by?
And did I hear ya say
You were comin' out today
To take me to that gay bar in the sky?

On average, I get 15-17 days off and mid 80's for credit. This month is 14 days off and 90 hours of credit. We use Flica for our real time schedules and 95% of the time its really easy to shift days around...the weekends are harder naturally. I am the last line holding E190 CA in BOS so even with being the bottom the days off are not that bad. Next month, on reserve but have friday, saterday and sunday off every week. I hope this helps.
How about we answer the guy's question?
There are NO work rules beyond "the Guidelines".
And when there's a dispute, those are "Only" Guidelines, NOT rules...

I agree with you 100% on your comments about the guidelines. NOt rules, but guidelines. Example would be a bad interpretaion of a junior man of a friend of mine. It should not have been done but it was done by the "guidelines", not the rules. As for the schedule, I was simply posting that I do not fly a freight dog schedule.

Phaedrus......I must have missed it!! Vooom, right over my head. I am honoring my tribute to Elton Prawn and the airtran and frontier agreement.

Please though, explain what you mean!! :)

I was simply posting that I do not fly a freight dog schedule.
quote]
Longhorn, I didn't mean to come across in an abrupt way. You're a lineholder, your life is a 1000% better than a reservist that spends A LOT of time dealing with CS.
I know, BELIEVE me...

Oh, I know....on reserve next month and last month. I just got lucky for 1 month. My friend in FL has been on reserve 9 months and counting. I see his pain and its not pretty.

How about we answer the guy's question?
There are NO work rules beyond "the Guidelines".
And when there's a dispute, those are "Only" Guidelines, NOT rules...

Thanks

I've heard that Jetblue can work a pilot to the extent of the FAR's, but it seems unlikely that the company would do so. I've heard more positive things said by JetBlue crews than negative so I assume that your system allows you to have adequate time off and that the company doesn't beat you up too badly.

I'm not against working, you know the old honest days work for an honest dollar, but I've worked for employers that use only the FAR's as a guideline and I don't wanna go back to that kind of operation. My current job is looking iffy and I'm thinking about other opportunities. Thanks again for your input.

I am a reserve holder. I work at LGB, senior base. I will be on reserve for a long time, however, I live close by, so, I sit reserve in my living room.
I was holding a line about 5 months after I got on line in JFK, then I got LGB in my 6th month.
FLICA does give a lot of flexibility, so swapping days to build a commutable line is doable.
The best scenario is living by your domicile, but, that goes for any airline, this is my fifth.

Latest resources

Back