JetBlue work rules

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks

I've heard that Jetblue can work a pilot to the extent of the FAR's, but it seems unlikely that the company would do so. I've heard more positive things said by JetBlue crews than negative so I assume that your system allows you to have adequate time off and that the company doesn't beat you up too badly.

I'm not against working, you know the old honest days work for an honest dollar, but I've worked for employers that use only the FAR's as a guideline and I don't wanna go back to that kind of operation. My current job is looking iffy and I'm thinking about other opportunities. Thanks again for your input.

To be clear, I've never had JB come close to asking me to skirt the boundries of the FARs in duty regs or anything else. JB has a Flight Scheduling Guide. The "Guidelines" are very "flexible" and completely open to the schedulers and supervisors (one-sided) interpretation, but I've never seen them in violation of FARs.

Elton Prawn, what's that flower you have on?
Could it be a gay-ded rose from days gone by?
And did I hear ya say
You were comin' out today
To take me to that gay bar in the sky?
I am not sure that we properly acknowledged this fine artistic accomplishment. I know that this took a great amount of time and I, for one, applaud this individual's effort to bring some sunshine into my life.

Any more rumors about improving the reserve rules (ie: long-call.) Also, how long on reserve for JFK A320 these days?

What about....

Duty/Trip Rigs?
Line Guarantee?
Minimum Credit for Reserve Call-out?
Long/Short Reserve call-out?

Anything else?....

I live 15 minutes from JFK....how will my QOL be on reserve in the E190 or the A320? I got a Blue Dart and am just waiting for the interview call...

What about first year annual salary in the 190 vs. Airbus?

I'm not against working, you know the old honest days work for an honest dollar, but I've worked for employers that use only the FAR's as a guideline and I don't wanna go back to that kind of operation. My current job is looking iffy and I'm thinking about other opportunities. Thanks again for your input.

Actually with inflation and no cost of living increases it is an honest days work for an honest 76 cents.

BTW... a junior manned assignment isn't really (the junior man), it's the most available at the time. And, your trip can easily get changed (sometimes for the worse, sometimes for the better) at ANY time before or during your trip. You may plan on doing overnights at an outstation that happens to be your home. This makes commuting more palatable. Then, screw scheduling decides to change your trip for any reason and now you have no clean underwear!

GP

What about....

Duty/Trip Rigs?
Line Guarantee?
Minimum Credit for Reserve Call-out?
Long/Short Reserve call-out?

Anything else?....

I live 15 minutes from JFK....how will my QOL be on reserve in the E190 or the A320? I got a Blue Dart and am just waiting for the interview call...

What about first year annual salary in the 190 vs. Airbus?

WOW! Not too many JFK based pilots actually live anywhere near JFK. I hope it works out for you.

You'll make more on reserve in the A320 than on the E190 (unless the pay changes like it is rumored). Right now, no long or short callout. It is a 2 hour callout to show time.

One thing you should consider is that with the slowing growth of both fleets is that upgrade will take much longer now on the E190. The fence comes down in 11 months so ANY A320 FO with two years can bid E190 captain. My guess is that many of them will go to the E190, further lengthening upgrade time on the E190.

Another thing to consider is where the planes are flying. While the A320 flies all over the system (Aruba layovers, transcons, upstate, etc...) the E190 is mostly concentrated in the northeast. You may have up to 3 cycles a day in and out of JFK. Even on clear, beautiful VFR days you can get delays going through JFK. So, would you rather go in and out of JFK 2-3 times per day or fly one leg and go to the hotel? There have been days where all E190 flights were delayed and only a handful of A320 flights were delayed. Also, the A320s do red-eyes, E190's don't.

The A320 trips are generally more efficient than the E190 trips (Avergage daily credit closer to 6 hours vs. about 5 hours on the E190). This is mostly a function of the number of planes in each fleet. Look for the average daily credits on the E190 to increase over time as JB accepts more deliveries and gets more utilization.

Guarantee is 70/month for a line holder, 75/month for a reserve. Those extra 5 hours are paid at premium pay (1.5 x base hourly rate).

If I were a newhire and had a choice of aircraft, I'd choose the A320. But, that's just my opinion.

GP

I guess that I should be more specific.

How many guaranteed days off could I expect if I were to become a JetBlue pilot?

Is there a minimum guarantee per day?

I'm not trying to start a tinkling match, just find out what rules Blue plays by.

:)

Latest resources

Back