Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue, VA ansd Skywest benefit from ALPA.......again...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps JB, VA and SW should have the CVRs monitored on a regular bases, its pilots called in and questioned on their professionalism and why they made decisions....

To my knowledge, the CVR has already been monitored and used against some pilots at SkyWest. I guess the "open door" communication that SkyWest management always braggs about includes the CVR. If I was a SkyWest pilot I would be VERY, VERY careful.

To my knowledge, the CVR has already been monitored and used against some pilots at SkyWest. I guess the "open door" communication that SkyWest management always braggs about includes the CVR. If I was a SkyWest pilot I would be VERY, VERY careful.

I don't know about CVRs but we had a very late Skywest JS on board that was going to miss his show time once and he called crew scheduling and told them he had a foot injury. I thought that was kind of odd since that place is supposed to be all rosy and great with no union.

"Jetblue, VA ansd Skywest benefit from ALPA.......again..."

So, with respect to the CVR, camera, privacy issues of late, how exactly have JB, VA and Skw benefited from ALPA? Has ALPA somehow gotten this legislation overturned?

On the contrary, what about all the incidents that have called pilot professionalism into question? What do ALL of these incidents have in common?

Yup, they were ALL committed by ALPA pilots. So thanks to ALPA, for starting this whole S**t storm in the first place. I really see the "benefit" to professionalism now.

Btw, I've supported ALPA every time there's been a drive. With BS sentiments like this, I am having second thoughts. Do I really want someone thinking like this to represent me?

Btw, I've supported ALPA every time there's been a drive. With BS sentiments like this, I am having second thoughts. Do I really want someone thinking like this to represent me?

I'm sorry, but that's about the dumbest statement I've read. You chose who represents you... if you're worried about electing a dumbass then do it yourself.

I'm sorry, but that's about the dumbest statement I've read. You chose who represents you... if you're worried about electing a dumbass then do it yourself.

Why is that a dumb statement? People like Rez turn people away from ALPA and they don't even realize it....The ALPA cheerleaders do more harm than good...I would venture to guess the ALPA cheerleaders are the one's who caused the last drive to fail at Skywest...

People get tired of the constant attacks by ALPA cheerleaders while ALPA doesn't exactly have a great record.....

Why is that a dumb statement? People like Rez turn people away from ALPA and they don't even realize it....The ALPA cheerleaders do more harm than good...I would venture to guess the ALPA cheerleaders are the one's who caused the last drive to fail at Skywest...

People get tired of the constant attacks by ALPA cheerleaders while ALPA doesn't exactly have a great record.....

What caused the ALPA drive to fail miserably last time at Skywest was the ALPA extremist we have spewing their nonsense and trying to buy your a "yes" vote with lunch and most importantly insulting every pilot who doesn't agree with them.

I don't think I'd make a decision about anything based on opinions of people I don't even know on a web board. But that's just me.

Well said Joe. Another case in point: Had a crewmember sitting on the fence. Took him down to get some info (and a free sandwich). One the the OC guys shoved a card in his face and told him since he'd taken a sandwich he HAD to send in the card.

Guess what, he wasn't on the fence after that.

Latest resources

Back