• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue to Make Major News Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, well, if you know all the facts I am glad. I am just curious why you spent the time researching JB compensation if you are a happy DL guy? Unhappy maybe? Lining up for a JB interview perhaps? Or, not interested in the least?

FDJ--thanks for the courteous and thoughtful posts--and I'm not kidding.

I'm not going to lie--this announcement ref. the EMB 190's took me by complete surprise. I spent all Tuesday in a blue funk, pardon the pun.

But, after listening to the boss' rationale via the internet I understand the desire to go into another aircraft and markets.

Most of all (and die hard airline types will scoff at this) I trust Dave and David to make intelligent decisions concerning our company. They trust me to fly the jet without interference, direct or indirect. Heck, David flew on my jumpseat just last week after working the folks in the cabin for no-kidding three hours and fifteen minutes. All he said at the end was a heartfelt "Thanks for what you do." Genuine? Yes. Effective in keeping our crewmembers happy. Yes. Does it translate into a clean management style that focuses on the right mix of crewmember and customer satisfaction? I think it does.

I've trusted them this far and in all frankness, JB rocks as a place to work. I will continue to trust them well into the future--lets see where that takes us.

Hopefully, CCDiscoB is correct. Perhaps by then all of the majors will be recalling furloughees and the profession will be a bit more manageable--and profitable-for all of us.

FlyDeltasJets said:
I'm glad you think so, jet, but I have done the research. The facts don't bear you out.

Dear FlyDeltaJets,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. For you perhaps the research does not work out that JB is a good place to work. Maybe that will change if your union agrees to wage cuts? Who knows. As I said before on a different thread, money is not the only thing that drives job satisfaction for many (though you did disagree with me, so we don't have to re-debate that issue).

I too have done the research. Coming from United, I do think that JB is a good place to work. Again, it all depends on what you are looking for. Different strokes for different folks. Having researched the company ad nauseum for the last 6 months, I am ready to go to a company that has smart leadership, ethical based employee relations, and a product everyone can be proud of. The people at United are great, but the leadership certainly has a lot to be desired, thus the culture is not optimum to create a good product. There are a few companies that seem to understand that good employee culture creates a good end product, namely JetBlue, Southwest and Alaska. There may be others that I am not familiar with, but United is not one of them.

Skirt

I am impressed that JB is getting EW190's. They are basicly doing the opposite direction we at AAI have. They started with 150ish sized aircraft and are working to the 100 seat market to provide small city service. AAI started in the 100 seat market and are working to the 150ish side. The only major difference is the Air Wiskey guys who fly the CL65 for us. (great bunch by the way). Rumor has it that our new type will be made public at the Paris Airshow. (50 orders 50 options) Plus we should have close to 100 B717's but the end of next year. The move at JB does not surprise me, it really makes a lot of sense. A lot of A320's only fit in so many markets with no feed support.

Please don't misunderstand. I never said that jb was not a great place to work. What I did say was that their compensation packages were not "among the best." They are, however, good for such a new company. I only hope they continue to improve.

I recognize that people enjoy working there, and I wish them the best. I am also happy to see that their mgt did not try to outsource flying in the new 190's. It's nice to see them at the mainline carrier, for it is in no way an RJ.

(not that I believe rj's should be outsourced either, but that's a topic for another thread)

Blue Dude said:
You know I'm kidding, FDJ. But even though Jaydub asked for it, I'm not sure we ought to go there again this thread.

Bad Jaydub. Bad BAD Jaydub. *smack!*

Ooooh, Blue Dude, this conversation could only go down hill! LOL!

I am just darn tired about hearing how things don't measure-up to people's standards that have absolutely no stake in the conversation.

FDJ and General Lee,
Please judge our pay rates when we are a major. Until then, we have work rules (not to mention pay) like no airline either our age or, for that matter, size. When we are Delta's size, maybe we'll match your pay rates at that time. I don't know, but then again, neither do you.

Respectfully,

JayDub

Last edited:
Jaydub,

Many of us do feel we have a stake in the conversation. You feel that the compensation packages of the lcc's have no effect on those of the majors.

Others disagree.

We'll leave it at that. Really, I was just making a joke, and didn't intend to turn this into a battle.

Feel free to have the last word.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back