• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue to Make Major News Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just on MSNBC......Jet Blue ordered 100 jets from Embraer!!!

:D
And don't forget the 100 options to boot! Looks like another 2800+ pilots might be back to work.

JohnDoe said:
"...which $15 an hour pilot group gets it?"

Exactly.......

No, it's the 190. This version will pay $17.25 an hour.

Problem is there will be thousands of stary eyed pilots drooling over the prospect of flying a jet.

The race to the bottom continues.

If Jet Blue keeps the planes in house, I'll bet they pay a decent wage and treat their people well---just like their mainline guys. If they outsource to the likes of Mesa, etc....that could be a problem.

Would not surprise me if they buy A330s for Trans Atlantic and Latin America someday. The new Low Cost model is not predicated on 1 fleet type, but instead delivering a quality product and keeping low cost throughout the company in every aspect: wages, non-duplicating work (management), etc.

So, did Embraer make them a great deal for free airplanes, just like Airbus did?? I mean, they must have, right? :p

Palerider957 said:
If Jet Blue keeps the planes in house, I'll bet they pay a decent wage and treat their people well---just like their mainline guys. If they outsource to the likes of Mesa, etc....that could be a problem.

It isn't official yet (who will fly the new jets) but I am 99% sure it will be "mainline" guys. I know for a fact that whatever it will be, it'll be the right thing and it will be what makes sense. The official release to the jetBlue Crews stated "opportunity from within". That says it all, and that was from the top. Stay tuned.

flx757 said:
So, did Embraer make them a great deal for free airplanes, just like Airbus did?? I mean, they must have, right? :p

Sure they did, them and Wells Fargo are in cahoots. Just like Wells Fargo did for me. You mean, you are paying for your house? I got mine for nothing, scott free, just like the JBU A320's. :D

These are not RJ's. Made by an RJ manufacturer, but it is a A/C competitor to the 717, A318, 736. My bet would be B6 guys.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back