Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FlyDeltasJets said:
Jaydub,

Many of us do feel we have a stake in the conversation. You feel that the compensation packages of the lcc's have no effect on those of the majors.

Others disagree.

We'll leave it at that. Really, I was just making a joke, and didn't intend to turn this into a battle.

Feel free to have the last word.

(shrug)

:D :D :D

It's funny, all these jetblue fanboys have the same attitude as the people express fanboys of the 80's. Let them enjoy their time in the sun. Blue Kool Aid has no flavor until you put some sugar in it.

Thanks, you were blocking my sun there for a minute. Flydeltasjets, thanks for posting your opinion in a respectful, thoughtful way. It gets old hearing how we ought to do things from guys who have no clue and are working under bankruptcy protection.

furloughed again,
Delta is NOT 'outsourcing' to ASA and Comair. They are w/o's of Delta and they are assigned routes by Delta just as mainline. DO NOT confuse us with ACA, Sky, Chit and others.

Outsourced may have been a poor choice of words. But Delta is not using "mainline" pilots to fly a ton of routes (let me say they are no different from any network carrier). Why? Because they can pay these workers pennies to fly for them.

FDJ, I might be more worried about the use of regional carriers that Delta uses. Your scope clause is among the worst of the worst. I might be more concerned about their effect upon all of our wages instead of Jetblue (a company three years old). I bet the majority of people at ASA or Comair would prefer Jetblue's agreement as opposed to their contract.

Also, my airline (and yours too) are envoking force majeure to allow them to furlough pilots that were supposedly protected. You have to wonder how solid these contracts really are.

Furloughed,

You were right the first time when you said "outsourced." I could not care less that Delta is replacing me with pilots from an airline they own, it still means I lost my job!

I have to laugh at the rest of your post, only because you are apparently new on this board! If you would, click on the "search" button below this post, and go through some of my posts. You will find that I have wasted WAY too much time complaining about the very things that you mentioned. You are 100% correct, you're just preaching to the choir!

Thanks for the post.

explain how delta is 'outsourcing' flying? Does ASA and comair fly routes assigned to them by Delta or not? Let me see, Chit was given the MCO flying by Delta. It did not go to either mainline or ASA/Cmr. That went to another company NOT owned by Delta. THAT is outsourcing. Why did Delta not put mainline there on that flying?
No, he was not 'right'. If Delta had kept the flying in house, mainline or the w/o's you would still be flying, would that not be correct?

Delta is an airline. cmr is an airline. ASA is an airline. CHQ, ACA, EGL, etc are airlines.

Delta flying is being transferred to other airlines. Regardless of the reason, the flying is being outsourced from Delta pilots to pilots from other airlines.

If Delta kept the flying at mainline, then yes, I would still be flying. If they outsourced it all to their WO's, then no, I would not be.

They are outsourcing the flying. Whether they give 100% of that outsourced flying to airlines they own, or divide it between all the connection carriers means very little to me. They are still replacing high paying jobs with lower paying one.

That is our fault. We blew it, and continue to do so, to the detriment of the profession.

(You see, unlike many on this board, I am willing to concede that actions at my airline do affect pilots from other airlines)

Do you consider code sharing a way of outsourcing too then? I could see some of the benifits of expanded route structures and all but with NWA, CAL, and DAL getting together next week, where you were competitors before, it would seem that management would be apt to reduce flights where overlapping occurs.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back