Jetblue to announce 2 new cities Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowecur

These should be small/medium size markets with little or no n/s service to NYC/BOS or Washington. My guess is the mid-west and they will probably start in June with 190 service.

Also, I'd like to see them start service from ROC/SYR to LAS. Run a 320 three times per week in each city, and watch it fill up. No more need to drive to BUF or ALB to catch a WN flt.

Also, the route system is being adjusted. This probably means more connecting the dots with existing cities. Upstate will probably get BOS and IAD to start, with Florida being added at some pt. This will help increase RASM which is sorely needed.

:pimp:

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articleinvesting.aspx?view=CN&symbol=JBLU.O&storyid=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060314:MTFH80813_2006-03-14_21-03-43_N14365595&rpc=44

Last edited:
They have to find someplace to put all those new aircraft. The trick will be for them to raise their RASM with a hyper growth strategy.

Also, I'd like to see them start service from ROC/SYR to LAS. Run a 320 three times per week in each city, and watch it fill up. No more need to drive to BUF or ALB to catch a WN flt.

Unless you want to drive to BUF & ALB to fly on WN the other 4 days of the week that flights to LAS are not offered out of ROC/SYR. What about da Tranny they service ROC, I think?

lowecur said:
These should be small/medium size markets with little or no n/s service to NYC/BOS or Washington. My guess is the mid-west and they will probably start in June with 190 service.

BNA, RDU, JAX or ORD/MDW would be my guess.

k9nole said:
BNA, RDU, JAX or ORD/MDW would be my guess.

As a former Independent pilot - there were some routes that we did alright on out of IAD that would seem to fit the E190; JAX would be logical. ORD always had pretty good loads but apparently we didn't have the right size a/c as our management said, as our CRJs were too small and our A319s too big (I fail to see the logic in that, since our competition UAL was running everything from 737s to 777s on the route, and Eagle was doing the same with ERJs). RDU would also be a good bet. CLT was one of our better cities but I don't think you guys will go there just yet.

Last edited:
Bestpilot,

I borrowed your material... I think your funny as *ell!

All:

My guess is RDU, JAX, CLT, or PIT.

ORD/MDW is still on the drawing board, but I have heard them talk about the Chicago market and ORD is the choice. They just need gates that aren't there.

Big rumors of PIT lately, and I would bet they are shorter runs as they generate more revenue on less fuel. Of course they cost more as well.

48 hours will tell the tale.

A350

Latest resources

Back