Jetblue to announce 2 new cities Friday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
DIAMONDDD said:
At the risk of transmitting "on guard"....I think it would be foolish for JetBlue to go head to head in those markets when they are already saturated by UAL.

Feel free to laugh

(oops, on guard)

I would not be too concerned with the new market. They have tried head to head so why not enter the F&T markets. The stock seems to indicate they are already involved heavily in F&T and the papers tend to agree also.

With the current on-time record, lack of interline sharing the quest for an international code-share may be a last ditch effort to attempt to raise revenues. The cost picture has really become something of a monster at JBLU. You have several large cash projects that are underway and the potential to have cost overruns are significant. The terminal at JFK, opening and maintaining facilities in new markets, EMB cost I suspect are just a bit above plan. The training center in MCO and various other dubious ideas have the potential to open a new chapter in the book on JBLU. Time will tell if this can be saved or if this is the beginning of the end. We will all find out in due time. I suspect that as DAL and NWA reorganize the investment community may see the legacy carriers as the better investment. Route structures, name recognition (good or bad) and global service will most likely mean better borrowing rates for the legacy airlines while carriers such as JBLU with limited scope will see the cost of borrowing money go up significantly. Combine that with the increase in the price of fuel and you have some pretty interesting times in the near future.

Something I wanted to say about an international partner. With DL and AA at JFK the viability of JBLU using an international code share really does not make sense. You have One world and Skyteam at JFK with a global coverage area. Both AA and DL have more flights to more places than JBLU and can get people to cities JBLU does not serve. Does the guy coming from Europe want to go to BUR or LGB? They most likely would like to get to LAX and it's closeness to the city.

IronCityBlue said:
Roswell would be great. Marketing didn't want to do it cause it was just another low yield tourist city, but when I reminded them you can sell ailen urine onboard for 500 bucks a quart they jumped on it.

Build the taxes into the price, then tell everyone its duty free when we fly over area 51 cause the govmnt can't tax us in airspace they deny exists. Perfect! 8 A320 flights a day to start.

Alien urine is blue isn't it?:laugh:

32LT10 said:
You have several large cash projects that are underway and the potential to have cost overruns are significant. The terminal at JFK, opening and maintaining facilities in new markets, EMB cost I suspect are just a bit above plan. The training center in MCO and various other dubious ideas have the potential to open a new chapter in the book on JBLU. Time will tell if this can be saved or if this is the beginning of the end. We will all find out in due time. .

Hey, no sweat. We go go into chapt. 11...wipe it clean....take concessions etc...
Then we will get on message boards and blame someone else. We will pick a target, and say that they will fail, and that their shirts are ugly, and that they only hire people with no experience, and that they can't talk on the radio, and that they always transmit on guard, and their operation is "piddly", and we will put a derogatory spin on their name, and we will skip the positive press and concentrate on the negative. We will do this because it apparently makes one feel very important, and good about ourselves.

See, its a "win-win" for everyone.

Diamond,

You have it wrong on several fronts. But that should not concern you I am sure. I don't blame JBLU for what has happened to the industry. The fact I dislike JBlew for many issues other than the ones you listed. But whatever you want to fit the idea you have then go ahead. Funny thing is you don't like the fact that I sterotype JBlew guys, yet you very much enjoy doing the same thing to legacy pilots. It is the high horse issue that makes me dislike the JBLU pilots so much. The whole high and mighty junior skygod idea that you guys have about yourselves is what is so hilarious.
So who is laughing now?

32LT10.....Do you realize that 60-70% of us were legacy guys, who lost our jobs because of poor management combined with the 911 events. We came from NWA/Delta/United/USAir etc. etc. Many of us are in our 40's-60's who have 20 years+ of flying experience. Yes, we do have a handfull of younger pilots who have been in the industry for 5-10 years at regionals or flying cargo. But they are in the beginning of their airline careers. Please dont think that we are a bunch of junior skygods, many of us have been flying as long if not longer than you! We are just trying to put a roof over our heads and food on the table. We are all in this together and trying to keep/make flying enjoyable.

Out.

32LT10 said:
. The fact I dislike JBlew for many issues other than the ones you listed.

Well, why don't you tell us and get it off your chest, I am sure we all want to know, what upsets you so about jetblue?

Dizel8 said:
Well, why don't you tell us and get it off your chest, I am sure we all want to know, what upsets you so about jetblue?

I would love to but Eagleflip would literealy flip if I told you.

Well, "Uncle Fun", guess what? I are a legacy pilot...just furloughed

32LT10 said:
jbvt,

Get over yourself. The blew detractors are just enjoying a little payback. Better thicken the skin chief.

Yea O K Chief, what a loser, get your a$$ beat much, Chief? You really need to try to get Laid.

Latest resources

Back