Jetblue strong March

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why Ha?

Average fare fourth quarter of 2006 was $120.

A full flight would be $18000 in ticket sales.
2007 year to date load factor is 80%.
That would be $14,400.

Average fare fourth quarter of 2006 was $120 is why ha.

Turn your PM function on.

Actually, the 16% increase in RASM was comparing 1st quarter 2006 TO 1st quarter 2007.

JetBlue's preliminary passenger revenue per available seat mile for the month of March increased 16 percent year over year.

Average fare in 2006 was $106 (Q1 2006)... so a 16% increase would be $122.96 for Q1 2007. Not to bad but not quite the $139 that would be in average fare was $120.

Still, CASM is the key!

Do you all think JB is going to lower their hiring mins? Word on the street is that many mainline guys are going to hire low timers now. What is your take for JB?

splert, your an idiot.... 40 pilots have left this yr to date. get your facts straight.

40 have left so far? Does that include those that we offered a class date and never showed up?

Does that count the number of new hires that showed up for training and then left during training?

Does that count the number that showed up for training and then during IOE left for another 121 carrier?

Does that count those that finished IOE and then left for another 121 carrier?

You clearly have a single channel COM and it permanently tuned to Company.

Do some research. Check out CrewTrac for today and tomorrow.

Grow up and face the music, we are very, very short staffed. I would post the FLICA number but that would be wrong, since it's inside company numbers and it is really embarrassing. I’ll tell you one thing I have seen negatives numbers a few times this past week. Thank God the weather has been nice or you would be forced to question all that you believe and hoped was true. Usually that kind of right of passage is very ugly for those so deep in denial.

Good day

Last edited:
Do you all think JB is going to lower their hiring mins? Word on the street is that many mainline guys are going to hire low timers now. What is your take for JB?

Yes we are. Anyone who can promptly deliver (in person mind you) a double In-n-Out burger, "animal style", with a large fries and a chocolate shake to my house in Virginia wil be hired by JetBlue.

Yes we are. Anyone who can promptly deliver (in person mind you) a double In-n-Out burger, "animal style", with a large fries and a chocolate shake to my house in Virginia wil be hired by JetBlue.

As long as they are not a high time "turboprop only" guys right?

I never got the chance to work fast food..... so I guess there is my downfall!

(working 3 years at mesa supplementing your income with moonlighting at a burger joint must be the way to go!!!!!!!)

No flames plz, I'm not in any way bitter as I'll keep attending the open house's as long as there are free cookies, coffee and Verna's smiling face!

:)

PS:
I thought In-n-Out burger was just on the west coast?
If so it will be cold by the time it gets to VA!

In-n-out burgers are the greatest hamburgers ever. If you get a chain in Virginia I will move there. Down south we aint got much chance.

As far as hiring I would say keep going to the open houses. Just heard of some guys getting on with lower than average time. People still don't want the job and we havent been filling classes.

Hey Bavarian, what email said we might get a B fund? I thought compensation was over with.

In-n-out burgers are the greatest hamburgers ever. If you get a chain in Virginia I will move there. Down south we aint got much chance.

As far as hiring I would say keep going to the open houses. Just heard of some guys getting on with lower than average time. People still don't want the job and we havent been filling classes.

Hey Bavarian, what email said we might get a B fund? I thought compensation was over with.

Virginia is the South, my brutha. Except for anything near D.C. That there's OCCUPIED TERRITORY.

Check you last update email. The attachment had a statement about a pilot Defined Benefit Contibution Plan, more info coming April 16th. I am not at work, so I don't have it. I may be reading into it, but it lured me in. Every CA I have flown with since has overlooked that statement as well.

Who knows.

Latest resources

Back