• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue strong March

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Actually, the 16% increase in RASM was comparing 1st quarter 2006 TO 1st quarter 2007.

JetBlue's preliminary passenger revenue per available seat mile for the month of March increased 16 percent year over year.

Average fare in 2006 was $106 (Q1 2006)... so a 16% increase would be $122.96 for Q1 2007. Not to bad but not quite the $139 that would be in average fare was $120.

Still, CASM is the key!

If you charge the same for ticket, have the same number of passengers per departure, but remove the number of seats in your aircraft, PRASM goes up accordingly, as does CASM, since the number of ASMs has diminished in both cases.

I don't think that the reduction in the available seats accounts for all the improvements in PRASM, but it does have an effect.

A bigger effect might be from reaching out to higher yield markets with the 190s.

Whatever the reason, it is certainly good news for the industry whenever revenues go up.

Virginia is the South, my brutha. Except for anything near D.C. That there's OCCUPIED TERRITORY.

Check you last update email. The attachment had a statement about a pilot Defined Benefit Contibution Plan, more info coming April 16th. I am not at work, so I don't have it. I may be reading into it, but it lured me in. Every CA I have flown with since has overlooked that statement as well.

Who knows.

Between us chickens I missed that part as well. And I do appologize for disrespecting Virginia as being part of the south. Living in the deep south I forget about my northern(still southern)brethren from time to time. I'm not at work either, thankfully, so I will try to go through the emails and see what I can find.

Virginia is the South, my brutha. Except for anything near D.C. That there's OCCUPIED TERRITORY.

Check you last update email. The attachment had a statement about a pilot Defined Benefit Contibution Plan, more info coming April 16th. I am not at work, so I don't have it. I may be reading into it, but it lured me in. Every CA I have flown with since has overlooked that statement as well.

Who knows.

Well, I was wrong. Nothing but 401k info on the 16th. B plan be damned.
Some goodies though. SDA and Roth 401k are nice options.

Latest resources

Back