Jetblue ranked #1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sandman2122 said:
So, Jetbluers: How's that 8 in 24 exemption working!?

Why stop there! Let's make it a 12 in 24, now you're reaaaally productive!

Gotta love it....

whoa??? you didn't hear about the jetblue pilot survey???

the question posed was, "do you care what other industry peers think of jetblue and its operation?"

in case you haven't heard, jetblue pilots overwhelmingly responded 99.87%:

"absolutely, positively NO!" just keep it growin and the profit sharing rollin! (some is better than none)
LOL

You guys are geniuses! Before you go about blasting the results, why not check on the testing criteria first. Freakin’ dumb a$$ pilots.:rolleyes:

Ditto, I am neither surprised nor impressed that some LCCs are at the top of the list. The airlines with destinations over the oceans and aircraft that will get them there should be in a different category.

It covers nonstop scheduled-service flights between points within the United States (including territories) by the 18 U.S. air carriers that have at least one percent of total domestic scheduled-service passenger revenues, plus 1 other carrier that reports voluntarily.

How about the number of bags we carry to the number you carry? Go back and look at your own numbers. How many mishandled bags did you have when you had 10 airplanes vs now? Are you guys not getting it right anymore? Or is it statistically going to go up as the number of bags increases.

This section gives the rate of mishandled-baggage reports per 1,000 passengers by carrier and for the industry. The rate is based on the total number of reports each carrier received from passengers concerning lost, damaged, delayed or pilfered baggage.

the question posed was, "do you care what other industry peers think of jetblue and its operation?"

in case you haven't heard, jetblue pilots overwhelmingly responded 99.87%:

"absolutely, positively NO!"

Now that's interesting. People who REALLY don't care what others think, don't have a need to tell others they don't care.

I apologize for being a smarta$$ on this thread, but when somebody posts "The dynamics are changing..." it is hard not to. Dynamics are changing? Thanks, I hadn't noticed. Back to the original point - I certainly don't begrudge JB from being ranked number 1, that's great. I think you have to group the different airlines when comparing rankings though.

You guys are geniuses! Before you go about blasting the results, why not check on the testing criteria first.

Oh I did check the criteria - still big differences. If you think the operational structure and pressures are the same with international connections I think you are mistaken.

Last edited:
skykid said:
Oh I did check the criteria - still big differences. If you think the operational structure and pressures are the same with international connections I think you are mistaken.

So according to your rationale, the customer should expect a different level of successful service from different types of airlines? The international carrier should not be compared with the domestic LCC in DOT stats?

It is no surprise I'm sure to you or me that some of the worst bag numbers are at "connection/express" carriers trying to shuffle bags between "mainline" operations and their own operation...

But your average customer still wants to be on time, to have their bags at destination and have a satisfactory experience no matter the type of carrier they are on.

Splitting carriers up in different groups will not diminish this expectation.

Seems to me you are pretty "sensitive" about the "dynamics" of the industry..
Maybe you are in denial...
Its easier just to blame AirTran, JetBlue and Southwest.....

ps......
how did the job search in Italy go?.......

Guess there is some serious charter flying going on to Rome right now.......

No, customers should expect great service from whoever they fly on. Operational differences in the LCCs and Legacy airlines demand they should be grouped differently.

I have never looked for a job in Italy, nor will I ever. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I have done research on the JAA and JAR-OPS in relation to an aircraft accident in Italy, which is related to one of the several jobs I have. Maybe if you keep digging, you can find something else to make yourself feel superior about.

8vATE is dotting the landscape!
Maybe it's a distress signal written in Morse Code?! His last message translates: I S 5 (nothing for 6 dots) (nothing for 7 dots) (nothing again for 7 dots) I S H 5 (nothing for 6 dots).
Interesting....

skykid said:
Maybe if you keep digging, you can find something else to make yourself feel superior about.

Superior about?
hmmmmmm

if i'm coming across that way.
it's not my intention at all.

on the contrary,
those with egos in this business seem to fall from their perch quite often.

you just seem to have the "common" disdain for LCCs that a lot of people do.
its easier to "hope" for a return to the past than deal with the present and face the future.
?

How many pax are connecting on Jet Blue as a % vs. how many pax are connecting as a % on a hub airline would be a comparable stat. If J.B. has a like % and low mishandled bag count then great job. If the % of connecting pax is siginificantly lower on J.B. then comparing this stat is meaningless. A mishandled bag on a flight from A to B is ridiculous. Mishandling it on a flight from a to b to c is a little less ridiculous.

D.B.

Latest resources

Back