• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue ranked #1

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
even funnier when cnn said 4 major carrier ASA AIRTRAN JETBLUE and UA ,didn't know the first 3 have changed status

jetblue made major a couple of months back, if not longer, 2004 revenue was 1.27B (1B revenue=major )

Last edited:
open the floodgates...

Let the bashing begin.....

jetBlue is the root of all evil...

even though Valuejet/Airtran has worked their way from the reputation dumper to a respectable place in the industry..

and the TRUE scourge of the industry.... ridiculed by thousands for years in regard to their low pay, little airplanes and attractive paint scheme....
SWA... has emerged as an INDUSTRY LEADER...

guess having a responsible business plan and giving the customer what they want has nothing do with anything..
oh well...

Last edited:
I flew JB for the first time, as a pax, this weekend. This seems like an approrpriate place to type up a review as a paying customer:

Overall I liked them a lot. Captain making briefing pax about the flight in person before we got under way was a wonderful touch. What a nice way to introduce yourself & make the pax feel at ease, rather than having a faceless voice up front who barely utters a word or two. On both legs they were great about turning on the seatbelt sign at impending bumps, and then turning it back off promptly once the ride was smooth.. on too many transcons to count on other carriers they turn it on, bumps are over in 5 minutes, then forget about it for 90 minutes+ while you need to take a leak.

Cabin crew was pleasant, professional, and courteous... none of the attitude you get on other carriers for asking for some water 2/3 of the way through a transcon (although for the most part I find the legacy carriers' F/As to be generally pleasant there are exceptions).

My one gripe was that the seats weren't comfortable. The legroom was fine (and I am tall), but there was really no lumbar support at all... this was a transcon flight and coming home was pretty painful, even with the little pillow for support.

I spotted several aspects of their operation that other airlines could easily utilize that were very efficient... simple boarding passes on plain paper, no fancy ticket jackets or different colored paper for the 'elite' frequent flyers... boarding from the rear forward, rather than 'zone 1' being the airline's elite flyers, 'zone 2' being the partner airlines' elite flyers, 'zone 3' finally being the back, etc. as you have on UAL... just get the plane loaded quickly and go. Actually in SJC they have rear air-stairs and that improved pax loading/unloading efficiency significantly.

Finally, my one lone observation about a lack of efficiency: What's up with all the aircraft sitting at the gate at JFK? This is the first time I've flown JB, but in the 4 trips to JFK I've made in the last year, I've noticed that the JB gates are always full, with other aircraft parked elsewhere....now I can understand this at 5am or midngiht, but yesterday hanging around the gates for 2 hrs on a Sunday afternoon (should be a busy travel time, right?) this was more evident as many planes were sitting there for quite a while before the next departure... doesn't seem like the best utilization of equptment to my untrained eyes. SWA tends to turn aircraft at an unmatched pace. Maybe since JFK is the main base, all aircraft at gates are doing turns while the other 2-3 are sitting as spares in case of a mechanical problem? Just a guess.

No, I am not a JB basher, but you are really comparing apples to oranges sometimes. How do you really compare a company with 70+ aircraft with the ones that have 400-750? Is it really the business plan or would you say that when you operate a global operation with umpteen more aircraft you will probably take more delays on average, probably loose more bags,and most likely cancel more flights. This is pure statistics.

I could start an airline tomorrow with 5 A320s or 737s and operate from MIA to MCO and would most likely end up with a better completion factor, less bags lost and a better on time record then JB Airtran or SWA. Just think what I could od with only 1.

I like JB, like the service, and know a few of the pilots, but enough with biz plan garbage when discussing on time performance, bags lost, and completion factors.

AA

No, I am not a JB basher, but you are really comparing apples to oranges sometimes.

Ditto, I am neither surprised nor impressed that some LCCs are at the top of the list. The airlines with destinations over the oceans and aircraft that will get them there should be in a different category.

AAflyer said:
No, I am not a JB basher, but you are really comparing apples to oranges sometimes. How do you really compare a company with 70+ aircraft with the ones that have 400-750? Is it really the business plan or would you say that when you operate a global operation with umpteen more aircraft you will probably take more delays on average, probably loose more bags,and most likely cancel more flights. This is pure statistics.

I could start an airline tomorrow with 5 A320s or 737s and operate from MIA to MCO and would most likely end up with a better completion factor, less bags lost and a better on time record then JB Airtran or SWA. Just think what I could od with only 1.

I like JB, like the service, and know a few of the pilots, but enough with biz plan garbage when discussing on time performance, bags lost, and completion factors.

AA

Well, it is sort of like apples to apples......

If I had 10 planes and 4 of them ran 16 minutes late then I would be 60% on time, right?

And if I had 1000 planes and 400 of them ran 16 minutes late I would be 60% on time right?

That's why they use percentages. If AA has 400 planes, then they have 330 more opportunities to get it right, correct?

Just a different spin. Honestly, I could care less about numbers.

C yaaa

Actually AA has over 700 aircraft, maybe you could come over and give us the Jetblue speech and we could get it right!!! Considering we operate your entire fleet size out of ORD alone (when WX hits the fan those flights are delayed and it impacts our schedule.) Mass can reach a critical point and things start to slip, I am sure you have noticed that as you rapidly expand, and if you haven't I am sure will as you continue to grow.

How about the number of bags we carry to the number you carry? Go back and look at your own numbers. How many mishandled bags did you have when you had 10 airplanes vs now? Are you guys not getting it right anymore? Or is it statistically going to go up as the number of bags increases.

As for your comparison, it is a lot easier to get 10 airplanes out on time from one airport than it is 400 from all points on the globe.

But it is useless explaining this to you as JetBlue is the model we all need follow, and all the legacies just can't do anything right!

AA

AAflyer said:
Actually AA has over 700 aircraft, maybe you could come over and give us the Jetblue speech and we could get it right!!!

But it is useless explaining this to you as JetBlue is the model we all need follow, and all the legacies just can't do anything right!

AA

AA Duuuuuuude, you have GOTS to chill, my brother from some mother in ORD. It's jus like the battin average thing. Peeps are about the %. But I gets what your sayin about % of bags gone bye-bye is on the rise with the blue dudes. I know what your sayin. "Do it over da long haul baby! Den you Jet Blue Dudes and Dem There Air Trannys can sit at the round table and chill wit da big dawgs"

I think dats where your comin from, bro, but don't be lookin over the old shouldr, cause I been flyin on your planes, and I been flyin on dem, and seems like the young dawgs just be tryin to show the love to da peeps just a wee bit more than the da big legacy dawgs. Prove me wrong, my brother. Maybe United Dude is startin to be figurin out how to be showin the passenger-customer peeps some love, cause its lookin like they got the stats turnin around--Hey great job UAL dawgs--givvin you props too.

AA dude, show me you dudes can show the peeps some love, and I'll give you some props too. I gots enuff love for everyone!

Latest resources

Back