Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MD80DRVR

I'm hoping someone could answer a few silly questions:

How long is training from start to finish and what does the schedule consist of?

How long is reserve on the Airbus?

Does the new training facility have a gym? If not, is there one close by?

Do the rooms have fridges in them or is everyone eating out everyday?

Are things close by, or would a car be a necessity?

Are there any breaks during training?

Thanks.:D

Here is another question.

Why don't you guys ever use reverse thrust?

Marty

IF your brakes are carbon fiber, it's actually better for them.

I can only answer a couple of your q's, MD80DRVR.

Training is still about 6 weeks long, but I cannot give you the current breakdown. It has been recently changed to allow for a break during training (about 3 or 4 days last I heard) part way through.

Expect to sit FO reserve at JFK for at least 5 months.

After the first week, you'll share a company supplied car with your sim partner for the remaining time at training. Just add gas, and even that may be (partially) reimbursable.

Best of luck!

EF

Eagleflip said:
I can only answer a couple of your q's, MD80DRVR.

Training is still about 6 weeks long, but I cannot give you the current breakdown. It has been recently changed to allow for a break during training (about 3 or 4 days last I heard) part way through.

Expect to sit FO reserve at JFK for at least 5 months.

After the first week, you'll share a company supplied car with your sim partner for the remaining time at training. Just add gas, and even that may be (partially) reimbursable.

Best of luck!

EF

Some current intel...

Training is approx. 6 weeks. You'll get 1(3 day break) and maybe 2(2 day break). Plan on spending the single days off in MCO unless you live close by.

No more rental cars since the new training center opened in MCO. Bus service from the 3-4 hotels that JB uses will shuttle you back-and-forth. I would suggest bringing your own car if possible. Off airport rental car agencies will cost you about $9 a-day. First couple of weeks you probably won't need a car since class runs all day.

Pretty sure that most of the hotels would have fridges in them. 5-6 restaurants within walking distance.

Hope this helps some.

sayagain?

No work out facility at jetBlue U. There is an outdoor pool but mostly used for the ditching training you'll do with the FA's

Last edited:
Ballys Gym about 3 miles down the road. A lot of hotels have deals with Ballys so you may not need a membership if you don't already have one. If not, you can get a couple month trial membership for a few bucks on ebay. Also a World Gym another mile away, and an LA Fitness a little further.

I think you get at least 2-2 day breaks and 1-3 day one. I'm not positive about this, but the gym info is solid.

Brakes.....

B6 gets free brakes from the Red Chinese...... it goes along w/ the free airplanes and gates that airbus and ALPA gave us.....

No really we use idle reverse as a routine because B6 has a contract that pays a flat fee for brakes. So why use reverse on the engines if our brake use costs us the same whether the brakes are worn quickly or slower because of using reverse on the engines..... and then saving on life costs of the engines... of course more than idle reverse can always be used if required or necessary depending on the numbers for landing/runway length/contamination etc.....

tail.....

IF your brakes are carbon fiber, it's actually better for them.

The 320 brakes are carbon steel not fiber.

Latest resources

Back