• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What were the new docs about and what will change? THANKS!

Basically outlines how bad things can be (Scope, codeshares, mergers, etc), and now it is something that the pilot group overwhelmingly approved. As opposed to something management crams down our throats.

I believe the next step is for it to be sent out to the entire pilot group so that we can each sign a piece of paper approving this change to our PEA (Personal Employment Agreement). I am still curious what happens if someone doesnt sign this ammendment.

See this thread:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=144584

Last edited:
Basically outlines how bad things can be (Scope, codeshares, mergers, etc), and now it is something that the pilot group overwhelmingly approved. As opposed to something management crams down our throats.

I believe the next step is for it to be sent out to the entire pilot group so that we can each sign a piece of paper approving this change to our PEA (Personal Employment Agreement). I am still curious what happens if someone doesnt sign this ammendment.

See this thread:
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=144584

I'll let you know when I don't.

Whether you sign the documents or not is irrelevant. The very fact that one pilot WILL sign them places all of us under the same umbrella. Should you decide to not sign you forfeit your portion of the 2 million dollars you may request after we are subject to a transactional event. Keep in mind the roughly 800 dollars you may request may be handed out AFTER you exhaust your own personal resources.

Don't speak for me....you don't speak for me. I'm trying to plan a career here and provide for my family ON SOMETHING OTHER THAN HOPE!

Is that all you got, Bluebelle?....HOPE?!?!

Keep hoping...let me know how much "hope" is going to make JetBlue something more than "it's better than Mesa"....putz

That is understandable, and I appoligize for speaking for you. If you don't hope that the cards fall well for the JB pilot group that is ok. Why you wouldn't hope that this experiment works out well for yourself doesn't make a lot of sense to me. It seems to me that you would want to keep your seniority at JB and have this job work out well, but hey to each there own. It beats going to the bottom of another seniority list and hopeing that job works out.

The next question I have is if you are so hell bent on going somewhere else, what place is that. Delta, SW, FEDEX? I am currious, as this is the question a lot of guys are asking themselves.

I am really interested as it appears our carreer paths have been very similar. Ex Airnet, 145 regional carrier, now JB

Last edited:
Whether you sign the documents or not is irrelevant. The very fact that one pilot WILL sign them places all of us under the same umbrella. Should you decide to not sign you forfeit your portion of the 2 million dollars you may request after we are subject to a transactional event. Keep in mind the roughly 800 dollars you may request may be handed out AFTER you exhaust your own personal resources.

Pathetic. I won't be draining the family resources down to nothing so be able to collect a crappy 800 from some half mythical 2 million. I'll keep my right to grieve with others without company permission.

The next question I have is if you are so hell bent on going somewhere else, what place is that. Delta, SW, FEDEX? I am currious, as this is the question a lot of guys are asking themselves.

The thing is, is that I don't believe that most if anyone really wants to leave. If they do, let em go. But That's why many of us are so perplexed by these documents. I don't wanna go anywhere... but I'm not going to sign some thing that leaves all the windows and back door open.

If your worried about getting your fair share of that 2million... I laugh at you. Your share gets smaller with every new hire. $2000000/2300pilots= $869. Have fun buying your consultation and luch at wendy's on the way out the door.

These things are supposed to cover us in worst case scenerios and it doesn't even help us in some of the best ones.

If we were part of a union we would be taking care of these cost ourselves as well. ALPA merger policy does not allow national funds or regular dues to be used during a merger(that may only be an ALPA/ALPA merger).

We would all have to pay into a seperate merger fund. I realize we would be able to use these funds collectivley though.

I wonder if it would be possible to set up our own fund similar to the BPF, with the sole purpose of collective merger representation, wether through the PVC or separately.

The reality is that we would have to pay for it either way.

Anybody think the JBPA will start up again?

Last edited:
If we were part of a union we would be taking care of these cost ourselves as well. ALPA merger policy does not allow national funds or regular dues to be used during a merger(that may only be an ALPA/ALPA merger).

We would all have to pay into a seperate merger fund. I realize we would be able to use these funds collectivley though.

I wonder if it would be possible to set up our own fund similar to the BPF, with the sole purpose of collective merger representation, wether through the PVC or separately.

The reality is that we would have to pay for it either way.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I think there should be a separate elected merger committee that woud be in charge of using these funds if/when the moment came up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back