• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Made a 9% operating margin last quarter and are paying off debt. It's interest expense killing us right now, but that will improve as free cash-flow is being used to buy our new planes. Not saying everything is peachy here, but its not exactly dire like you are suggesting. Still, we need a union to protect us.

Exactly. This is why we should have better health care and better retirement. We preach values but in reality they are simply words posted on the back of an ID. If I were are spirit or tranny none of this would matter. The expectations for leadership and our careers are different because we were told to expect more from this company.
Oh well. No joinder means no career.

...your CFO just quit

Was forced out, actually. Talks a good talk but dropped the ball on numerous items.

published maintenance costs are increasing

I assume you're talking about the 190. That's probably why they're being capped at 75. I believe one day they will be traded in for 318/319s.

your CEO has publicly said he is aggresively going to spend to secure LGA and DCA slots at auction

That's a gamble no doubt. But you can't win a market by dipping your toe in the water.

how long do you guys think your BOD is going to continue down the path of going it alone?

As long as we keep making money perhaps.

When I look at the industry as a whole right now your operation strikes me as the most vulnerable.

Really? How about an airline whose stock trading has been halted a couple times in the last few weeks.

How you could say no to the benefits of a CBA during a time that you may need it most is crazy.

42% of us said yes. Up from 33% the first time. Not sure when the next drive will be but hopefully the third time is the charm.

Do you really think you will be a stand alone operation in 2 to 3 years?

Personally, yes. I guess we'll find out when we're bought/sold/merged; just like USAIR, Northwest, TWA, etc.

I can't sit and worry about when we'll be bought and by whom. In the end there's nothing I can do about that. We need improvements just like everyone else. If there are things I can do to help the pilot group, I will. I'll vote for a CBA the next time it comes up. Outside of that I just do my job and enjoy my time at home.

Gotta love the paranoia.

Gotta love the stupidity of just doing your job and going home.

Your boy Dave Barger is a Frank Lorenzo clone and you're the idiot moving lock stock and barrel with him. The difference is he's got a golden parachute and you've got a trip down a dead end track when the transactional event occurs. Enjoy your trip when it happens.

Tard man. You need to reign it in a little. Your rantings sound kinda assinine after a while.

Tard man. You need to reign it in a little. Your rantings sound kinda assinine after a while.

Which part is assinine? The $740/mo. in medical benefit premium expense? or the 60% shortfall in retirement? or having no work rules except the FARs?

You people are truly dumber than dirt, and you work at a pilot CASM (1.13 cents) that is a 35% discount to Southwest (1.53 cents) and a 15% discount to Alaska (1.28 cents)

Assinine is right, you trying to convince pilots this is a good place to work.

Would you care to discuss facts or would you like to distract from facts with emotion?

Your airline management sucks.

Which part is assinine? The $740/mo. in medical benefit premium expense? or the 60% shortfall in retirement? or having no work rules except the FARs?

You people are truly dumber than dirt, and you work at a pilot CASM (1.13 cents) that is a 35% discount to Southwest (1.53 cents) and a 15% discount to Alaska (1.28 cents)

Assinine is right, you trying to convince pilots this is a good place to work.

Would you care to discuss facts or would you like to distract from facts with emotion?

Your airline management sucks.

You're right. We should leave emotion out of it.

Latest resources

Back