• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Supposedly there will be a "Corporate Transactions" permanent working committee. I'd like to see an account established and the money in it now rather than after the turmoil starts.

I don't see anything about using your own resources first in the docs. Maybe I have an old version. In any case, the docs need to be firmed up before I vote for them.

15 F
the Airline shall establish a fund for the sole benefit of the entire Airline pilot work group in an aggregate amount of not less than $2,000,000... , however that such fund shall be used for the sole purpose of supplementing any expenses Pilot may incur for legal representation during the seniority integration process.

Much like 3A any other airline acquiring Jetblue will force us to negotiate individually. Unlike 3A, a seniority integration does not yield a large dividend therefore pro-bono legal representation is highly unlikely.

Add to this trying to prove 15 A.(i) "manages or directs" under Control. Oh, and don't forget 15 C.(ii) "the total aggregate annual ASMs of such domestic carriers does not exceed 10% of the Airline’s annual ASMs at any time" which allows an alter ego airline with any aircraft.

I do not mean to insult you so forgive me but this is the problem with our pilot group. Most cannot read, don't care to read, trust management or PVC or whatever excuse you may think of. These documents are very bad for us. The potential benefits are greatly outweighed by the simple fact we cannot enforce any of it.

15 F
the Airline shall establish a fund for the sole benefit of the entire Airline pilot work group in an aggregate amount of not less than $2,000,000... , however that such fund shall be used for the sole purpose of supplementing any expenses Pilot may incur for legal representation during the seniority integration process.

Much like 3A any other airline acquiring Jetblue will force us to negotiate individually. Unlike 3A, a seniority integration does not yield a large dividend therefore pro-bono legal representation is highly unlikely.

Add to this trying to prove 15 A.(i) "manages or directs" under Control. Oh, and don't forget 15 C.(ii) "the total aggregate annual ASMs of such domestic carriers does not exceed 10% of the Airline’s annual ASMs at any time" which allows an alter ego airline with any aircraft.

I do not mean to insult you so forgive me but this is the problem with our pilot group. Most cannot read, don't care to read, trust management or PVC or whatever excuse you may think of. These documents are very bad for us. The potential benefits are greatly outweighed by the simple fact we cannot enforce any of it.

Lake...........Thank you for your post.... I am utterly dumb-founded to the fact any of my colleagues are willing to accept the language contained in 15F or the other doc's for that matter!

For god sakes guys (who are willing to accept this) Wake up and quit being so naive.

Lake...........Thank you for your post.... I am utterly dumb-founded to the fact any of my colleagues are willing to accept the language contained in 15F or the other doc's for that matter!

For god sakes guys (who are willing to accept this) Wake up and quit being so naive.

or any of sec. 15 for that matter.

Unfortunately the blue bayous and crains of the world continue to push a personal agenda and the rest of will be left with no job.

That is pretty scary language. Where are the NO voters and koolaid drinkers to explain how this actually protects JB pilots? I think they hate unions more than they like their jobs/seniority.

I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but since probably 75% of the pilots came from other unionized airlines it says something about how unions are perceived.

I think it has more to do with the political winds (with some politicians and news outlets glorifying management and demonizing labor) and blaming the wrong entities for pilots degradation in earning potential.

That is pretty scary language. Where are the NO voters and koolaid drinkers to explain how this actually protects JB pilots? I think they hate unions more than they like their jobs/seniority.

Whats interesting about this whole predicament is Jetblue is open about it's verbiage, desire to not protect the pilot group and the pilots group lack of interest. The majority of pilots at Jetblue will vote yes because Jetblue says the documents are industry leading and offer the protections we desire. After reading the documents nothing could be further from the truth. It's pathetic really.
I thought I was embarrassed to be associated with this pilot group after the ALPA vote but this is a whole new level.

Jetblue has told you are protected and then provided you with documents stating to the contrary.

These documents aren't even hard to read. A fifth grader could understand them.

Jetblue Airways pilot group...leading the race to the bottom and the unemployment line.

I'm not saying they are right or wrong, but since probably 75% of the pilots came from other unionized airlines it says something about how unions are perceived.

This is just utterly cr#$.....

90% of the pilots I talk to about a Union, NEVER, yes never, went to a union meting or volunteered for anything to help improve their CBA at the regionals.
They just jump on the band wagon and say "The union never did anything for me."

Please bring me just one pilot who think that e.g. Pinnacle would have been better off without ALPA, and I mean NO UNION, when Mr. Trenary was trying to butcher their contract conditions. The same goes for Mesa, Eagle, Comair, Mesaba, etc. Do you really think that having no Union to represent the voice of the pilot group would have been better than at least having a seat at the table.......

For crying out loud people, WAKE UP........

A choice between ALPA, Teamsters and In-House I can accept.

But a choice between any of the above and NOTHING????????

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back