• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it is interesting that we don't know yet if said docs passed or not. We knew within an hour of the alpa vote that it didn't pass...

I'm going to training soon and don't really understand what these "docs" are or where I can read them. What is their purpose, who drafts them, are they binding, and what are the latest ones about? Thanks a lot......

The documents that every one is taking about are amendments to our PEAs that are supposed to give us some of the tools a CBA might provide without actually having a CBA. They fall short in a lot of measurements, first and for most by not having a definitions section.

As for pay, a lot of the discrepancy is commuter vs non commuter, 320 vs 190. As a 2nd year 320 non commuter I'm on task for ~95k, including an average of about 13 days off. I COULD NOT DO THIS AS A COMMUTER! The commuters making the big bucks with QOL to spare are the JFK guys flying aruba turns with a DH or have STI,SDQ etc one day lines. Those guys can make 100 hrs with 17 days off.

Most of our pilots make more money than many Legacy carrier pilots. With Captains makeing over 200k a year and a lot of FO's makeing over 100k a year. True, most legacy FO's make 100k+, but they are also doing that at 50 years old with 15+ years at the company. Our guys are doing it with 3+ years at JB. Many guys also have a better QOL. Not exactly leading the race to the bottom. Unemployment line? Really? How many JB pilots have ever been furloghed? I can't remember. Oh ya. "0".

Yes, Things need to be improved upon. Yes, in a court of law our 5 docs. will be torn apart, and probably not worth the paper they are printed on. A CBA might have been better for the group, but a CBA would also get torn apart in a court of law. That has been proven over and over again, and 1100+ of our pilots here have witnessed that first hand. Every JB pilot is just hoping the cards all fall in our direction, myself included of course.

I understand your anger and dissapointment, but this bolded section of your quote is complete incorrect and false.

We have no merger protection. The 2 mil is subject to dispersal AFTER we exhaust our individual resources. We have no scope clause. Do you know what the trigger is for section 15? We pay at least 20% more for health insurance than any other carrier. The DRM is an auto denial and where will you get the money/legal support to navigate mediation and arbitration. We have a 5% retirement which is anywhere between 8-20% less than every other carrier. We cannot differentiate between a sick bank and a vacation bank. Jetblue can appoint anyone they want to any committee we have except the PVC. I can continue.
The only bonus we have is we make an equal salary for substantially more work.

The characterization is overly fair.

Surprised the docs passed by that big of a margin. Could get real interesting around here.

Me too, I thought it would pass by a small margin, but damn....

Every JB pilot is just hoping the cards all fall in our direction, myself included of course.

Don't speak for me....you don't speak for me. I'm trying to plan a career here and provide for my family ON SOMETHING OTHER THAN HOPE!

Is that all you got, Bluebelle?....HOPE?!?!

Keep hoping...let me know how much "hope" is going to make JetBlue something more than "it's better than Mesa"....putz

Latest resources

Back