Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilots... don't listen to Barger!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Give it time, as soon as you have ALPA in place for a year or two you will complain about the constant stream of lies and general slimy behavior of your MEC and ALPA national.

And I have a bridge in New York for sale, just for you. Unfortunately, you have no idea how unions, and ALPA in particular, work. I have yet to see a Union that works professionally and productively to produce for the membership.

All of the legacies that pay far better than JB have unions. SWA operates similar sized airplanes and route structure to JB and their pilots are paid FAR BETTER than JB pilots - and they have a union. Do you really think the anemic health benefits offered at JB will magically get better without union pressure?

Last edited:
I don't get all those guys who hate ALPA thus JB shouldn't have a union/contract.
Is ALPA perfect, heck no but so what? That's not the question you're being asked. It's no union or a union. JB pilots already have a seniority list and can't improve their position or quality of life via merit or ability (which is the down side of having a union) but their work rules and pay are at the wim of management.
A union gets you a written contract. That's the positive of having a union.
The pilots who are anti ALPA are really anti written, legally binding contract. Just because the union you're voting in isn't perfect is not a reason to not have it.
The real question is - Do you want a binding enforceable contract or not. ALPA, by default, is the only union able and willing to do that for you now.

A lot of the jB pilots had binding enforceable contracts that included things like furlough protection, minimum block hours, minimum fleet count, merger protections etc. they saw those evaporate due to "force majeur" after 9/11 or as a part of a bAAd merger. While they were furloughed age 65 was instituted, delaying their recall. All of this while an armada of RJs darkened the skies and narrow body airliners (formerly mainline) were parked in the desert - the result of scope being sold. ALPA reps held meetings at expensive golf resorts far from any airport... They were on flight pay loss so long that some grew beards. They can't be blamed for being apprehensive. Doesn't mean they are right or wrong - just means you should try to understand the genesis of their vote.

Give it time, as soon as you have ALPA in place for a year or two you will complain about the constant stream of lies and general slimy behavior of your MEC and ALPA national.

And I have a bridge in New York for sale, just for you. Unfortunately, you have no idea how unions, and ALPA in particular, work. I have yet to see a Union that works professionally and productively to produce for the membership.

Of course we'll complain. We're pilots. That's what we do. I reeeeally hope you're not one of the few who still believes in the directed relationship. Considering how it has failed us time and time again, that would really show you're lack of critical thinking.

My expectations are tempered. I'm not asking for perfect. I'm asking for better. I'm 100% sure we can achieve that by dispensing with our current system and moving on to a CBA.

Every Delta guy I talk to who supports the DPA movement agree with the fact that they'd rather have Alpa than Jetblue's $hitty directed relationship. ALL of them laugh at the Jetblue DR "contract" and think you guys are chumps for holding out this long union free.

They all agree that Alpa is way better than what you have... they also agree that maybe things will be a little better (dues savings) for Delta pilots by voting in the DPA. It's different here... not one person has agreed that going in-house at Jetblue is a good idea. You Bobs (like b6driver) think an in-house will work... don't be a chump. It wont. Do what you want... but a turnkey operation is what you need.

Unions evil? No. Perfect? No. Show me a US company, union free that has it better than the DR... How's that premium pay working for you? How about health care?

Man up.

Tailhookah

A lot of the jB pilots had binding enforceable contracts that included things like furlough protection, minimum block hours, minimum fleet count, merger protections etc. they saw those evaporate due to "force majeur" after 9/11 or as a part of a bAAd merger. While they were furloughed age 65 was instituted, delaying their recall. All of this while an armada of RJs darkened the skies and narrow body airliners (formerly mainline) were parked in the desert - the result of scope being sold. ALPA reps held meetings at expensive golf resorts far from any airport... They were on flight pay loss so long that some grew beards. They can't be blamed for being apprehensive. Doesn't mean they are right or wrong - just means you should try to understand the genesis of their vote.

But what does this have to do with anything? Do the JB pilots want a binding legal contract that may have holes and issues or no protections at all like they currently have?
That's the question. This shouldn't be a referendum on ALPA. It's them or nothing.

If you look at the darkest time in our nation and point to that as what will always occur then you are just a fear monger. Didn't DALPA just reduce the number of ASM flown by RJ along with contract improvements across the board?

How about some perspective. The airlines were CRUSHED after 9/11. Nothing was supposed to change after revenue disappeared for years?

The reason BlueJet pilots did have to give stuff back is because they were not given anything in the first place. If they has a SWAPA level contact at that point Bluejet would have need concessions too.

It's all a moot point now fellas. ALPA already has 50%+1. JB ALPA starts in 6 days. Lets just work on getting 90%+ of our group signed up as an ALPA member.

Latest resources

Back