• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Pilots Beware

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FDJ2--TWA was in no APPARENT (read: public) imminent danger. The money was coming in and going out. Paychecks were still coming. Things had been MUCH worse. In fact, we all thought it was strange that the company had recently (summer of 2000) started paying down debt and paying accounts payable well IN ADVANCE. Hummmm...

I was privvy to the inner workings of the the company and the union at the time. You weren't. Quit trying to debate me on a subject on which you gained your information substantially from USA Today and APA press releases. Go back to Peachtree City and drink your double-breasted kool-ade.

Sorry for the mini-hijack JB guys. Had to dump the lav... ;) TC

P.S.--Yes, I'm being uncharacteristically nasty but I can't stand people sticking their noses in where they don't even know what they're smelling for...

The bottom line is that it is that I understand that it is a tough decision, and a hard one to make without knowing exactly how everyone senior to you will bid. Bidding is a little like gambling.

In regards to bidding, when I was a new-hire at UAL I heard the following countless times.

"Bid what you want. Want what you bid." Makes sense.

Echopapa said:
Add another post (and more to come) that go something like:

...managment requested from the FAA without any consideration for pilot safety.

Your opinion/arguement of whether or not it is a good idea is weakened when you make statements that are untrue.

bluejuice787 said:
This post was only written to inform other jetBlue pilots of an internal issue. Yes, jetBlue has them just like everyone else. I will be the first to say we have one of the best mgt. teams in the industry but we are human.

For such a high tech airline I'm surprised they don't have some sort of website with access limited to pilots on the senioirty list for you to air your gripes.

Yo Dave!!

Your airline does not provide your website. It was put together by one of your pilots on his own time and at his own expense.

Floatplane said:
Your airline does not provide your website. It was put together by one of your pilots on his own time and at his own expense.

No longer correct sir.

The individual you mention is now a chief pilot and the folks at SAPA have an independent site.

Regardless weren't we talking about Jet Blue guy airing their dirty laundry on flightinfo.com.

I'd recommend they head over to PPRUNE.org and apply for their own forum to which they can control access. I feel sorry for them having to talk about this stuff in front of the public.

La plus change...

FDJ2 said:
That's news to me, I didn't realize you had a PWA. What does it say about scope, successorship, training locks and seniority rights, new aircraft pay and work rules? Who enforces your Pilot Working Agreement? How are grievances resolved?

" La plus change, la meme chose" Here we go again.

The only thing new in the affairs of men is history unread - to paraphrase H.S. Truman who, I think, was paraphrasing Aristotle.

Legally binding contract?

In the world of Contract Flying, contracts always get ammended or get addendums added....................usually initiated by mgt not employees. If THEY want to change something they can, you can't.

B6Guy said:
While there are several possible ways to 'fine-tune' the E190 bid process I think it is at least workable. There will be without a doubt many pilots who will be unhappy with the outcome.

There are bound to be pilots who 'wish they had' or 'should 'a/ could'a/ would 'a' after the bid is done. I personally would have liked to have seen several 'practice bids' There are bound to be guys who if they had bid 18% instead of say 15% would have been awarded a slot. But of course they will come here on a public forum and blast the process, in the most negative way possible instead of taking responsibilty for their own decisions.

The practice bids never work. If you have 3 different practice bids, you'll get 3 very different outcomes, and all 3 will be different from the final bid. People bid in the practice bids "just to see" where they would fall. It really throws the numbers off.

What are you doing in a practice bid anyway?? You're seeing where your name falls on the list. How many above you. How many below you. If the right number of people are below you, you go ahead and bid it and hope that the numbers don't change. If fact, you are picking a certain percentage of the pilot list that you want below you.

This is how a percentile bid works, except that it takes all of the guess work out of it. If you are willing to accept nothing less than being in the top half of the list, then you bid 50%. One time. That's it. If you get it you got it. No averaging together the 3 practice bids to come up with an expected position, only to be disappointed with the final bid outcome.

As far as it not being fair to let a junior pilot upgrade to 190 Capt, oh well. The 190 pay sucks, for now, and I think you have to have some sort of carrot for the F/O's that are going to it. If you're going to miss the bid because you’re too junior and you won't be able to upgrade to it, oh well. Think about the last class this summer not to have a choice. The 320 class right b4 the 1st 190 class. These guys are going to have pilots 2 weeks junior to them making more from the 9 month point to the 3-3 1/2 year point.

The bottom line is, what do you do to be fair to all, and make everyone happy? Oh wait, that's right. We're pilots.

"You mean I have to work every Wednesday"!?!

sry LD

Latest resources

Back