Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots begin organization drive...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does JetBlue care about attracting "quality" pilots going forward? If so, actions need to speak louder than words... I know of two current JetBlue pilots who are seriously considering returning to Netjets - as FOs on Citations.

In the meantime, the "quality" pilots will be looking at SWA, UPS, Fedex and some of the legacies that have or will restart their hiring soon instead of JetBlue. Is that something JetBlue wants or will be proud of going forward? Doubt it. It's all about SIGNAL VALUE and messaging to the pilot community...

Here's a newsflash for ya'. No management higher than the Chief Pilot at any airline gives a rats a$$ about "quality" pilots going forward. Butts in the two front seats at the lowest possible cost. That's it.

The only way to FORCE the upper echelons to view this issue any differently is.........drumroll please.......................COLLECTIVE BARGAINING!!

PIPE

This just breaks my heart to see all of this discontent at JBLU.

I never would have seen this coming.

Actually, I think someone actually predicted a lot of this happening, and a bunch of people told him that he was full of it and that this stuff would never happen.

Hmmmmm. Who was that again? Hmmmmm.

JBLU = People Express

5 years to go, if that.

Glug glug glug glug glug glug........

If we had a union, we would be in talks for years to get what the E-190 guys got for a raise. Better yet, how many airlines are giving raises at this time-- ah lets count them, ZERO!!! A unionized airline would have furloughed about 100 pilots this past September/October with the reduction in flight hours. No union thus far has retained anything as far as pay, benefits, pensions, or work rules for many of your so called "Legacy" carriers-- thanks, I'd rather keep my 2-3 percent than give it to those weak "live to fight another day" folks who are supposedly defending our way of life, RIGHT!!! They've done nothing but collapse to company demands time and time again...

If management is as "labor friendly" as you say then a union would not hurt you at all. Look at SWAPA and SWA. I am not sure ALPA is your answer, but why not start with CAPA and ask for their help in orgainizing an in house union.

www.Capapilots.org

AAflyer

Last edited:
Interesting if true. Source?
Just speculating. But I would be shocked if private equity weren't talking to Jetblue about doing a deal. Neeleman would not be in favor because he is a control freak, and they could boot the two Dave's out the door and bring in their own mgt team. If the pilot's thought they were getting the shaft with these two, they should be careful what they wish for.

Of course an offer may come down the pike that the BOD would have to seriously look at (ie: Qantas). If they took it, my guess is the company would see a cash infusion of over $1B that would give them the cushion they needed to buy assets in an eventual consolidation.

:pimp:​

Last edited:
Speak for yourself. You sure don't speak for me, and I'm probably senior to you. All I know is that I've gotten a continuous 15% pay cut over the last five years, we're far past the startup stage, and we have no voice at all as to the content of our own contracts. We have just been kicked in the balls and you want to take a wait and see attitude? What would it take for you to take matters into your own hands? It's already been shown that management CANNOT be relied upon to "do the right thing" with regards to pilot pay. It would not have taken much, even a COLA increase would have been something. Instead we got zip and a shell game changing our benefits around. Wake up!

BTW, your rant vs. Legacy unions is apples and oranges. There was a great deal of fat in those contracts and the industry was in crisis. We on the other hand are the most productive and least paid pilots in the industry. These is no fat to trim and we're due for just a little consideration for the effort, not to mention some mechanism for at least some input to the process. Right now we have squat and it's been shown in convincing fashion that that's no longer an adequate situation.

Now fast forward to the FuC-K-ING joke of a web site called bluepilots.com. That site is run by what 4 complete a$$$ holes??? Amazing they can spew all their crap. They must get together for little brain storming circle jerks on saturday nights in the mens room at the kew club..

ALPA?? Real funny

Last edited:
Speak for yourself. You sure don't speak for me, and I'm probably senior to you. All I know is that I've gotten a continuous 15% pay cut over the last five years, we're far past the startup stage, and we have no voice at all as to the content of our own contracts. We have just been kicked in the balls and you want to take a wait and see attitude? What would it take for you to take matters into your own hands? It's already been shown that management CANNOT be relied upon to "do the right thing" with regards to pilot pay. It would not have taken much, even a COLA increase would have been something. Instead we got zip and a shell game changing our benefits around. Wake up!

BTW, your rant vs. Legacy unions is apples and oranges. There was a great deal of fat in those contracts and the industry was in crisis. We on the other hand are the most productive and least paid pilots in the industry. These is no fat to trim and we're due for just a little consideration for the effort, not to mention some mechanism for at least some input to the process. Right now we have squat and it's been shown in convincing fashion that that's no longer an adequate situation.

If anyone rants, it's you Blue Dude. I have to keep wiping my face off from your spit. If you hate it so much because you can't afford your standard of living, then please leave and go find work elsewhere that will support your lifestyle of airplanes, Porches, motor boats, summer home in Vermont, Flight Attendant mistresses, and alimony for your previous 5 marriages. You might be senior to me, I don't care... If you're in the upper 200 like I am, just remember, I chose to come here over being hired by several other major airlines in 2001. You probably came here because you were unhireable by those carriers-- now you think your so worthy? I don't think so...

Just speculating. But I would be shocked if private equity weren't talking to Jetblue about doing a deal. Neeleman would not be in favor because he is a control freak, and they could boot the two Dave's out the door and bring in their own mgt team. If the pilot's thought they were getting the shaft with these two, they should be careful what they wish for.

Of course an offer may come down the pike that the BOD would have to seriously look at (ie: Qantas). If they took it, my guess is the company would see a cash infusion of over $1B that would give them the cushion they needed to buy assets in an eventual consolidation.

:pimp:​

You may be correct, and if any equity company is looking my guess would be the Texas Pacific Group. They have gone on a spending spree lately.

Qantas, and Sabre Holdings.

AAflyer

If anyone rants, it's you Blue Dude. I have to keep wiping my face off from your spit. If you hate it so much because you can't afford your standard of living, then please leave and go find work elsewhere that will support your lifestyle of airplanes, Porches, motor boats, summer home in Vermont, Flight Attendant mistresses, and alimony for your previous 5 marriages. You might be senior to me, I don't care... If you're in the upper 200 like I am, just remember, I chose to come here over being hired by several other major airlines in 2001. You probably came here because you were unhireable by those carriers-- now you think your so worthy? I don't think so...

Wrong on all counts. I am not hate-filled, high maintenance, or unhireable. I am simply fed up with broken promises and the obvious lack of participation in my own future. Remember, this place was supposed to be different. Now it appears to be the same-old same-old and I can't depend on D&D to do the right thing anymore. It's a business decision, nothing more.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back