Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering....

Why the donations?
I know a few people over there and they (just like people on here) often speak highly about the pay they make as first and 2nd year guys (compared to almost everyone else) with time and a half over 70 hours, picking up extra flying, and profit sharing...

That being said, shouldn't they just pony up the money to start their own union if they are not going to go ALPA?
Hell, if every pilot picked up one day of flying on a day off and gave that pay to the union, you'd be pretty well funded pretty quickly!

Giving a loan is different, but a donation? There are alot of worthy charities out there.

On a side note, always knew JB would sooner or later unionize. Glad to see it.

It's not a loan or a donation. It's an investment. If JB can turn the screws and improve their contract, it improves everyone's leverage and impacts my pay stub positively.

Further, if the latent unity was such that "every pilot picked up a day of flying" for the cause, they'd already be represented. As seen from the Colgan and SkyWest examples, there's alot of stubborn characters out there that can't see the forest for the trees. These take alot of time, energy, and capital to win over.

Edit:
And when we get taken over, I'd prefer to get a payraise than a paycut during contract integration.

I was fired from JB in April and was wondering that if and when you guys and gals organize will you will look into past terminations and try to get there jobs back. I put my faith in the JB Values comitee and to say the least, very disapointed. Thank you for your help.

Tom Mistretta

I was fired from JB in April and was wondering that if and when you guys and gals organize will you will look into past terminations and try to get there jobs back. I put my faith in the JB Values comitee and to say the least, very disapointed. Thank you for your help.

Tom Mistretta

What did you do? You can't drop a bomb like that without some sort of context.

We rarely fire people at this company.

Latest resources

Back