Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Pilots Association Donation

Motch, I sent money because I believe the JetBlue pilots deserve better. They deserve a real contract. They deserve redress of grievances. They deserve better pay for the 190s. Need I go on? Every pilot deserves a union that acts as their advocate. Creating such a union from scratch is difficult, and it's expensive. If I told you how much the Skywest ALPA drive cost, you probably wouldn't even believe me. These things are not cheap. So, in the interest of the profession, and in the interest of the JetBlue pilots, I have no problem with throwing a few bucks their way. It doesn't mean that you can't also give to charity. Give to both.

This is 100%, categorically false. Union dues that you pay are deductible. These donations are absolutely not dues. I doubt the IRS will catch anyone doing this. But just try explaining a deduction for a donation to a union start-up...especially on another property. The auditor would absolutely hate it, and would scrutinize everything else with a fine-toothed comb.

Thanks for the support, we promise we will be using our own money for the beer and women :) yours will be use for JBPA unionization efforts. by the way it is tax deductible.

thanks again

There was another guy fired in the past year during newhire training. He was blatantly hitting on someone's VERY underage daughter. When he was told her age and asked to behave, his reply was along the lines of "But she's so hot!"

And Tom, I'm not implying this was you. Just relating a story about another termination.

Good Luck to you, Tom. I hope everything works out for you.

bs

so bob, are you sending any green love to JBPA now that you are flying red belly war birds and making big bucks ;)?

Latest resources

Back