• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue Pilot Association (JBPA) Files with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With all the new growth happening at JB, it is not surprising to expect the pilots to want more of their fair share. Organizing is the right step to begin the process.

No growth is a big part of the dissatisfaction here at JetBlue. When everyone was upgrading on the Bus at 2 years and holding a line everything was peachy. Now we have guys on property that will never see the left seat of the Airbus with the current 'growth' rates.

They'd better get a union, and a contract with solid successorship stipulations. If anybody there thinks management wouldn't sell you out if it profited them, you're delusional.

No growth is a big part of the dissatisfaction here at JetBlue. When everyone was upgrading on the Bus at 2 years and holding a line everything was peachy. Now we have guys on property that will never see the left seat of the Airbus with the current 'growth' rates.

Did people hired at JB really expect growth rates to keep going to where they could all be an Airbus captain in two years? I mean, it's one thing for a company to double in size in two years when you only have 25 airplanes. When you have over 100 airplanes, it's becomes very hard. Two year upgrades where there for folks hired in the early years. Good for them, they deserve it. They took a chance on a start up and it paid off. But anyone hired in the last few years who expected to be two year Bus captain was kidding themself.

Last edited:
Anybody hired at JetBlue prior to '07 was not being unrealistic in expecting an Airbus CA seat within 4 years. Things change and nothing is guaranteed, but part of the sell to come to JetBlue was the expectation of a reasonably fast upgrade. JetBlue's pay scale is based on that assumption. An FO essentially tops out at year 4. There are only minor increases after that. Since upgrade expectations have changed a lot of us think the FO compensation should be adjusted to reflect that reality.

Hypocritical morons.

Everyone at JB was hired knowing gawd-damn well it was a non union shop.

Barger is the best CEO in the industry who voluntarily took a 50% pay cut to lead by example.

Waah. Waah. Waah. I want. I want. I want.

I wonder how many JB pilots go to work asking themselves:

"What can I do TODAY to add value to this operation?"

Instead most of them bitch and moan, piss and whine about "how bad things are". The economy is going right down the toilet and JB pilots are thinking that a union/third party orgization will improve things.

JB pilots SHOULD be going to Barger, Chew and Ross and say: "Look! The economy is taking a BIG SH*T. We are here to help. What do you need US to do, so WE can all make sure that JetBlue survives and thrives? What tools can WE, the PILOT GROUP provide to management so we survive and thrive?"

Show some true leadership and maybe the rest of the crewmembers will actually respect you as a leader.

That's what should get done, but it won't. Too many JetBlue pilots are typical born-and-bred American dopes that think you can get something for nothing.

Thanks for making this point NO JBPA

Hypocritical morons.

Barger is the best CEO in the industry who voluntarily took a 50% pay cut to lead by example.

Instead most of them bitch and moan, piss and whine about "how bad things are". The economy is going right down the toilet and JB pilots are thinking that a union/third party orgization will improve things.

JB pilots SHOULD be going to Barger, Chew and Ross and say: "Look! The economy is taking a BIG SH*T. We are here to help. What do you need US to do, so WE can all make sure that JetBlue survives and thrives? What tools can WE, the PILOT GROUP provide to management so we survive and thrive?"

Show some true leadership and maybe the rest of the crewmembers will actually respect you as a leader.

That's what should get done, but it won't. Too many JetBlue pilots are typical born-and-bred American dopes that think you can get something for nothing.

Angry lately?

Hypocritical morons.

Was that sarcasm? I mean, nobody can truly be this dense, right?

Hypocritical morons.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion and based on your post it is obvious that emotion and misinformation drive your rantings.

unfortunately my fellow JB Crewmembers are doing everything they can to add " Value " to the operation

1. Most fuel efficient airline in the world
2. Second most productive ( behind swa )
3. Crewmembers that work on no pay committees only to have their findings swept under the rug.

I could continue my litany for hours..

MIT put out a study on pilot compensation. Do a google search and I am sure you can find it.

All Any JB pilot is looking for is management accountability, Industry Average work rules, benefits, and compensation.

I dont think that is going to bankrupt the airline anytime soon. Expecting or in this case accepting any less than that just makes you the idiot.

Latest resources

Back