• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue or US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jetblue does not release retirement numbers. So unless the poster on the other thread divulges a credible source I would say those numbers are bogus.

I guess I should have put a disclaimer that I can not verify the JetBlue numbers: That said I did work there and can verify that compared to most other seniority list and especially the US Airways seniority list, JetBlue has a relatively young pilot group and movement will be partly impacted by slower movement off the top of the list. I will let the other poster attest to the validity of the numbers for JetBlue but the US Airways are right off of the seniority list which did show the DOB of each employees.

Wow. Just looked up USAir pay rates. I had no idea they were that bad.

2nd year FO on the 737 is $57/hr. On the 757 it's $66/hr.

3rd year FO on the 737 is $62/hr. On the 757 it's $72. A330 is $79.:puke:

Last edited:
Holy crap! Whatever you do, don't let OYS see this. If he sees anyone, anywhere, from any airline, EVER rank Southwest ahead of Delta on anything, even if referring to personal preference, we'll have to endure a coupla' dozen posts about GK, culture and worst of all, Lubbock. And I don't think ANYONE wants that....

Be a little more careful next time, would you?

Bubba

Sorry, it was a momentary slip. Seriously, I told AWA in the interview I had an app in at Alaska and they still hired me. I barely sat down in the chair outside the interview room and they called me back in to say I was hired. If I'd known we were going to merge with US, I would have said, "no thankyou." Guess hindsight is always 20/20. Enjoy your job you lucky bugger.

This is the first time I have ever seen retirement projections at Jetblue. I have no idea of the source - but they have the ring of believability to me. I have flown on both fleets over the last 8 years and 3 bases and the profile seems to fit in a general sense. There is no way of knowing, but they are in the realm of reality.

It is outrageous (to me) that Jetblue continues to refuse to release basic retirement dates for their pilots. At least one pilot tried to generate a list on a VOLUNTARY basis a few years ago and was blocked by the blue borg. Are you kidding me? A perfect glimpse into the big brother environment. What American is not allowed to make basic projections about their career progression - particularly pilots in a seniority model.

This is the first time I have ever seen retirement projections at Jetblue. I have no idea of the source - but they have the ring of believability to me. I have flown on both fleets over the last 8 years and 3 bases and the profile seems to fit in a general sense. There is no way of knowing, but they are in the realm of reality.

It is outrageous (to me) that Jetblue continues to refuse to release basic retirement dates for their pilots. At least one pilot tried to generate a list on a VOLUNTARY basis a few years ago and was blocked by the blue borg. Are you kidding me? A perfect glimpse into the big brother environment. What American is not allowed to make basic projections about their career progression - particularly pilots in a seniority model.

Really? Just 2 retirees in 2013 and only 3 in 2014 Have the ring of believability to you? Come on! of over 2000pilots and only 2 guys in 2013 reaching age 65?

Latest resources

Back