JetBlue or UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is this her posting?

One of the very nice features of a job offer at JetBlue is that you don't have to worry about making your mortgage on EMB rates if you don't want to. All new hires are given a choice of an EMB class date or an A320 class date. So far the EMB slots go quicker than the A320 slots, so you would have no problem getting A320 if that is your choice. All the naysayers who said "nobody would want to be an E190 FO" have been proven wrong. Given a choice, many new hires WANT to fly the E190.

Most (if not all) other airlines assign you to your first plane, based on the "needs of the service". At JetBlue, you get a choice. If you want quick upgrade and don't want to sit reserve, take the E190. If you want slower upgrade, longer reserve, but more pay, then take the A320.

Skirt

P.S. Yeah, I expect at some point the EMB FO pay rate will be addressed too once the aircraft proves to be profitable in service and the upgrade extends significantly.
Last edited by skirt : 01-04-2006 at 14:13.

Sonny:

If you are so sure about this letter.....produce it!

Don't give me any hockey about how it is privileged information....if it was sent to the ALPA MEC at UAL....it would be on the internet in a second considering how much you all loved her over there.

I still say BS on this one.

A350

Neither is a great choice

If you have any shot, pursue the package carriers.

Fedex and UPS are the only sensible game in town.

viking737, the rumor mill says yes.

I've got no beef with her; as someone else said, I moved up a line number. For everyone above me, I hope that very few of the bypassers return to United.

Today.
Back in 99/00, it was United, Delta, American.
Every dog has its day.

yeah, businesses and people are gonna stop shipping stuff someday so you cargo pilots watch out. besides, why ship stuff when you can fly and deliver it in person on jb or a ding fare at swa. that's how we will take down the box boys! genious!

Not hard to accumulate that kind of cash when you don't contribute to pensions any more and pay the rates they advertise now!. As for the MEC pursuing things, history has proven they will take care of themselves,,,again!
Mergers/aquisitions....that will be up to Wall Street and only Wall Street!

Our MEC is VERY junior but you knew that right? As far as rates, although pathetic compared too where we were, your kidding me right comparing it to your 190 rates?

Koko

Latest resources

Back