• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue or spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You will never hold %50 Airbus Capt. Many of our FO's are makeing 120k-130K/year and spending 25+ nights in there own bed. Makeing that much money and getting that much time at home why would you ever want to upgrade. If you live in base and are debt free being a career FO sounds pretty fantastic to me.
Live debt free and $130k a year is a lot of money.

Keep in mind those FO's that you describe are senior enough to upgrade but choose not to.

In other words it will be a long time before you will be able to make that kind of money with that kind of quality of life.

Keep in mind those FO's that you describe are senior enough to upgrade but choose not to.

In other words it will be a long time before you will be able to make that kind of money with that kind of quality of life.

You are absolutely correct. These are 4-6 year guys that can upgrade if they want to. However guys keep saying upgrade will be 10 plus years in the future. So it looks like myself and others of my seniority will have time to make that kind of $$$ with that type of QOL. In the mean time I have only spent 5 nights so far this month not in my bed. It is nice to know that the QOL is there and the $$$ will come with time.

S101, take it. My neighbor is a Spirit captain that was in the MEC in the last contract and they have the best deals. They pay like the majors.

S101, take it. My neighbor is a Spirit captain that was in the MEC in the last contract and they have the best deals. They pay like the majors.

Only if your only criteria for pay equality is hourly rates. I made just over $160 in 2011 and my old friend over at SWA made just over $320. That's a long way from "they pay like the majors"

On the other hand, I'm not beotchin about pay. Haven't missed a paycheck in thirteen years.

regards

By David Pearson

PARIS (MarketWatch) -- European commercial aircraft builder Airbus said Wednesday that U.S. company Spirit Airlines Inc. has signed a purchase order for 75 of its A320 family of medium-haul airliners, firming up a memorandum of understanding that was announced at the Dubai air show in November.

The order includes 45 Airbus A320neo aircraft, which are more fuel-efficient versions of the A320, a workhorse of low-cost airlines.

On the basis of Airbus's most recent price list, the order is potentially worth $7 billion, but airlines typically negotiate deep discounts from the catalog price, especially on bulk orders. This can take the form of discounts on training, maintenance and other services.

Spirit will use its aircraft on its growing network in the U.S., Latin America and the Caribbean.

Airbus said Spirit hasn't decided on the engine selection for its new planes.

pretty sad that the industry has come to having to choose btw these two- the two that are a good part of the reason why you aren't choosing btw a healthy and hiring American or Delta with 250k and a pension.

Latest resources

Back