• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue or spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What about spirit does anyone want to talk about spirit, or does that matter to anyone. I just had my interview at Spirit and if hired that's where I will be going. Any one else?

You will never hold %50 Airbus Capt. Many of our FO's are makeing 120k-130K/year and spending 25+ nights in there own bed. Makeing that much money and getting that much time at home why would you ever want to upgrade. If you live in base and are debt free being a career FO sounds pretty fantastic to me.
Live debt free and $130k a year is a lot of money.

You will never hold %50 Airbus Capt. Many of our FO's are makeing 120k-130K/year and spending 25+ nights in there own bed. Makeing that much money and getting that much time at home why would you ever want to upgrade. If you live in base and are debt free being a career FO sounds pretty fantastic to me.

Are you speaking of Jetblue or spirit

Never say never in aviation.....

As for upgrade at blue, who knows really. Could be 10 years, or it could be 5 if attrition picks up. This is on the Barbie jet, on the 320 add more time.

I have not seen any attrition at Spirit in a long time so that has to say something. Seems like they are upgrading about 8-10 month.

what bases are all the upgrades at spirit coming from and does the company typically replaces those fo's with secondary vacancy awards?

Spirit does fill the secondaries per the contract. Just came out with a new bid for 10 captains klas and 9 fo klas. 20 new hires in January.

Latest resources

Back