• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue or spirit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Maybe, but they haven't developed an airliner that can fly w/o two pilots yet, so... I'd say patience is a virtue- and if you don't love flying you should be finding and pursuing what you love anyway-
I'd say pilot boomers have done what corporate boomers have- take what they want through outsourcing and age65- stagnating things under the guise that our unions are all working for everyone's benefit- but my generation and the next is waking up
and boomers a're getting old and slowly getting out of power
Btw, brick top, it never fails- how exactly is one unispired?:)
Meanwhile, your post just makes no sense, since both carriers in the OP are hiring quite a few- so must not be "impossible"

Last edited:
A pilot hired at JetBlue today will never be an 50% line holding airbus captain. If you are ok with that welcome aboard. You will most likely spend the rest of your career as an F/O or a junior/reserve captain. Our upgrade are tied solely to growth and expansion where as other carriers have the above plus retirements.

A pilot hired at JetBlue today will never be an 50% line holding airbus captain. If you are ok with that welcome aboard. You will most likely spend the rest of your career as an F/O or a junior/reserve captain. Our upgrade are tied solely to growth and expansion where as other carriers have the above plus retirements.

That is your analysis of the facts, or dare I say, your opinion of what lies ahead for JB's future...

Buy the way, you do realize that JB has 2 aircraft types? With only a 10% pay difference? So, since I won't be a 50% line holder AIRBUS captain (your opinion), then the job isn't worth having? Should people stay at their regional airline hoping SW or Fedex calls someday?

Their is no guarantee that you will be a line holder captain at ANY airline. Can you GUARANTEE me that DL will replace ALL their retired pilots? Can you Guarantee me that any of your favorite legacy airlines will be in business? Not furlough me? Not give up future scope? Not merge and put me on the street (TWA)?

There are NO guarantees at JB, or anywhere else. Instead of arguing about being a 50% line holder AIRBUS captain, which can't be guaranteed at ANY airline, stick to arguing for better retirement, healthcare, pay and so on.

I don't have to fly an airbus to have self worth, and 10% pay difference won't mean the difference between providing for my family or not. Our FO pay and E90 captain pay justify (among many other things) leaving any regional airline for JB. Not to mention, there are not exactly many of YOUR favorite airlines hiring...

But hey, burn it down!

Um...for the record...I wasn't being rude, trite, argumentative or negative and certainly not flame bait. All I was doing was pointing out a few potentials. As for the 190 we both know it's time at Jetblue is limited.
Again all I was saying is career progression at ole' bluejet is a little limited based on how traditional career progression is achieved.

As for your self worth I won't touch that;)

Um...for the record...I wasn't being rude, trite, argumentative or negative and certainly not flame bait. All I was doing was pointing out a few potentials. As for the 190 we both know it's time at Jetblue is limited.
Again all I was saying is career progression at ole' bluejet is a little limited based on how traditional career progression is achieved.

As for your self worth I won't touch that;)

Fair enough. I will enjoy my E90 job until it is eliminated, I am furloughed out of seniority, JB shrinks by 25%, and they refund thousands of customer's tickets that had reservations on the E90...

At least that is what some of the burn-it-down crowd would have you believe. Even if they did sell the E90's, they will replace them with airbuses and still have NET fleet growth. They don't have any choice, our planes are full and our customers want more flights.

I don't really care what they do with the E90. Keep it. Park it. Sell it. Burn it. Don't care. I don't feel it has any impact on my job security, and all options maintain or increase my earning potential.

Other than that, I must have misread your post.

It's cool. You didn't misread my post just misunderstood the meaning. I get that a lot.
The 190's arent exactly going away but the 75 "cap" is scheduled to shrink.(don't ask me how I know)
As for the replacements you and I just don't know.

It's cool. You didn't misread my post just misunderstood the meaning. I get that a lot.
The 190's arent exactly going away but the 75 "cap" is scheduled to shrink.(don't ask me how I know)
As for the replacements you and I just don't know.

That sure may be the case. Honestly, I just want them to select the best airplane for the mission. Whatever increases the company's prospects. What ever it is, I will fly it.

These days of full airplanes and high fuel costs, probably lend itself to larger aircraft. Fine by me.

Sounds like we need to revive the ole Republic/Jetblue swap rumor. All E190s go to Republic and all Frontier Airbuses come to JB. JB winds up with all 319s/320s (321s in future) and Republic gets a big E190 fleet with (possible) jetblue feed contract.

Who knows where the pilots wind up in this deal (bid out of the E190!)

Last edited:
Assume a Sept 2010 DOH pilot at JetBlue on the Airbus. Where would this pilot stand schedule wise and upgrade wise? Would he be line holding? Reserve? How much longer for Captain for a late 2010 DOH?

Latest resources

Back