jetblue or continental ??

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pedro said:
Hey George, I'd goto CAL just because Blue has a 5 year contract, no job protection.

Also the route structure as you mentioned.CAL business plan seemstobe working pretty good, JetBlue's hasn't proven itself yet (Everybody in the pilot group is fairly junior, so when people start making more money, they will either stop making money or will have to start letting people at the topofthe list go). Also, I don't know if they are paying for the planes yet, but if they aren't, that's gonna have a big impact.

Just my opinion, i'm no expert, but CAL looks like a lot better place to retire.

(Yawn...) Care to guess how much research went into that response?

TonyC said:
Aw, cummon, you knew it would come up. I just delivered it with a smile. :)

:) :) :) ;)

I'm laying on my side right now...and...if..I...just...pull these...down a little...there...now part of me is smiling right back at you.

I'm no expert cause I'm still a Regional guy HOPING to make that next move. However, judging from the events taking place in our industry as of late, it is my opinion that one would be better off at the LCCs. I don't care what Legacy you chose, it's only a matter of time before their compensation is at or below that of most low cost carriers. Even now, SWA argueably has the highest paid pilot group in the industry. I believe the other low cost carriers will be working towards getting to that level while the Legacies will be doing just the opposite. Sad.... but I believe almost unavoidable at this point.

Last edited:
IB6 UB9 said:
I'm laying on my side right now...and...if..I...just...pull these...down a little...there...now part of me is smiling right back at you.
I should have known you can be counted on to take it down a level or two.

Judging from how easy it was for you to do that, you must be experienced in dropping your... standards.

:rolleyes:

TonyC said:
I should have known you can be counted on to take it down a level or two.

Judging from how easy it was for you to do that, you must be experienced in dropping your... standards.

Awww...I was jus funnin ya Tony, you know, for all the shat you give our guys, even the guys who used to have a great big job just like you, but for now all we have is this job. You weren't getting defensive there were you? :D

Never go anywhere "counting" on growth to advance your career. JB will try to triple its size in an overcrowded market (as it looks like no one is going to disappear) with high fuel prices, decreasing costs at the competition and low yields.

OTOH, no legacy is safe from shrinkage.

Plan on going to JB and sitting in the right seat for 5 to 7 years. If things stay on track and you upgrade in 3 years or so, great. If not, you will have planned ahead.TC

AA717driver said:
Never go anywhere "counting" on growth to advance your career. JB will try to triple its size in an overcrowded market (as it looks like no one is going to disappear) with high fuel prices, decreasing costs at the competition and low yields.

OTOH, no legacy is safe from shrinkage.

Plan on going to JB and sitting in the right seat for 5 to 7 years. If things stay on track and you upgrade in 3 years or so, great. If not, you will have planned ahead.TC

Listen to this man.....

Latest resources

Back