• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue or Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Happy at Comair but would go to JB in a heartbeat...Great group of pilots..(I've had dinner with a handful of them). One of the obvious would be 1st year pay...I forgot what it was at JB but it has to be close to double that of Comair.

Someday when I get the time I'll be applying. For now Comair is great. And I'm building seniority weekly.

If you had 10 or 15 yrs. in at Comair making 100k which you can there with some seniorty I'd say stay put,but starting out all things being equal go to JB you can make more there even if you have to stay a F/O.If they don't make it at least that time will look good on a resume.

pilot00703 said:
I have class dates at both JetBlue and Comair and I wanted some perspectives from my fellow aviators in which direction to go. Pros and Cons of both.

I am considering growth, pay, work rules and schedules. etc etc....

All intelligent comments are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.......

I have encountered many disgruntled comair pilots. I have never come across an unhappy JetBlue pilot (with respect to the job and the company). I would say JB is the way to go.

It is not a bad question at all.....i know people that had to pick from netjets, and delta or some other major over the past few years. And they picked netjets....now they have a job, have a good seniority # and have that 7 on, 7 off schedule. Smaller planes...smaller pay...no brainer right? Wrong. Delta got punked by 9/11 and now the netjets guys are in the good spot. If you went with comair over jetblue.......and say another terrorist attack happened...and they decide to close JFK for a month....i think jetblue would suffer with there own crib shutdown. They closed reagon airport for a while.......and it helped put us airways in a world of hurt. I however, have to go with the crowd on this one and say do jetblue. either pick could easily become the wrong one though.
"I ain't got time to bleed" jesse the body ventura

Intruder-One....

I hate to say this but you couldn't be more wrong about upgrading. The company does NOT have to double inorder for you to upgrade in a year. Even though it is a factor, it is not the most crucial one..... it all depends on the individual.... quality of life, schedules, bases, being scared to upgrade, not knowing the aircraft good enough..... it all plays a part and its really down to the individual. Look what happened at JB a little while ago.... upgrade was 6 month to a year because of the bust rate. Guys with no glass time were affraid to bid the upgrade. The A-320 is a great airplane, I loved flying it, but it could be a bear to get down for some people. Anyways to the questions at hand.... I would have no second thoughts about going to JB over comair, the business model for JB works. Better equipment, with a better product. And of course everybody is happy there...... I just wonder how long it'll be till the Jetblue Pilot Association kicks in? Good luck in your dicision.

Is this a joke? Hmmmm. Well, seeing that Comair guys probably will be flocking to Jetblue when Delta turns them down, I'd go directly to jetblue. The A320 seems to be a nice plane too, with a lot more room than the CRJ.

Bye Bye--General Lee :cool:

Latest resources

Back