JetBlue or Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilot00703

I have class dates at both JetBlue and Comair and I wanted some perspectives from my fellow aviators in which direction to go. Pros and Cons of both.

I am considering growth, pay, work rules and schedules. etc etc....

All intelligent comments are welcomed.

Thanks in advance.......

You gotta ask yourself why People leave Comair for jetBlue but people don't leave jetBlue for Comair.:eek:

What?

We just had a guy on this board quit his job at ATA as an L-1011 pilot to get in a Jet Blue cockpit, lets see Captain in the CL-65 in about maybe 2-3 years at what 55K per year, or A-320 Captain in one year at 125K+, don't think the decision should be too difficult.
Unless we are into life style and picking domiciles.

Jet Blue in a heartbeat. Neeleman is smart and will continue to make that company successful. A320 is a great a/c when things are working. Comair guys will likely continue to be treated as red headed stepchildren vis a vis mainline DAL. I'm not slamming the Comair pilot group. Great bunch of folks, good training, and very professional. However I'd be willing to bet that most junior Comair guys would jump at the chance to fly for JB unless they are staying put for quality of life reasons.

Just keep one thing in mind,the post mentioned above is correct but........JB now has over 500+ pilots with 180 to 200 hired in 2003 according to other post.So just remember,rule of thumb, a company has to double in size to upgrade if you were hired today,a year to the left seat is unrealistic . Will they reach 1000+ pilots?.....maybe but it has to stop sometime.I guess it goes back to the cystral ball.

Intruder One said:
Just keep one thing in mind,the post mentioned above is correct but........JB now has over 500+ pilots with 180 to 200 hired in 2003 according to other post.So just remember,rule of thumb, a company has to double in size to upgrade if you were hired today,a year to the left seat is unrealistic . Will they reach 1000+ pilots?.....maybe but it has to stop sometime.I guess it goes back to the cystral ball.

As an A320 FO I'm pretty sure you'd outearn any CL-65 CA in the industry. JB may slow down a bit but when the economy rebounds they will likely pick up steam. My guess is that JB first year pay is double that of CMR. So if you went to CMR you will upgrade quicker but then where will you go? JB, SWA, and AS are the only likely ones to be doing any hiring. I'd go for the bird in the hand (JB).

pilot00703 said:
What about the jetBlue being 3 years new versus 25 years of operations at Comair

How long was Eastern in business? Pan Am? TWA? US Air and United? As a very high ranking officer at my previous airline (both who will remain nameless) reminded me, time in business means nothing these days. Good luck with your decision but if you come to Miami next month I'll buy you a beverage!!

Dude there is not question, go with Jetblue. I just left America West a few months ago and could not be happier. Managment knows their **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**. The pay is very good don't listen to other people who say otherwise if you have been to the interview then you know the rates. Our business model works and we are making money and if any one brings up the old wifes tail about us not paying for our A/C (which is totally untrue) I think I will puke.

Enjoy the Library, (you will find out what i mean in miami).

Latest resources

Back