jetBlue Nov 2,3 interviews. Any info yet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Training in Orlando

Since I know this has been frequented by a lot of people that have been fortunate enough to get a call from VK and I hope many more of those calls will go out to others. Does anyone have info on the training, what hotel, when base selection takes place, and any other pertinent information that would help in getting ready to head to training in Orlando or beyond. Any info would be much appreciated.

hambone99 said:
Since I know this has been frequented by a lot of people that have been fortunate enough to get a call from VK and I hope many more of those calls will go out to others. Does anyone have info on the training, what hotel, when base selection takes place, and any other pertinent information that would help in getting ready to head to training in Orlando or beyond. Any info would be much appreciated.

Your hotel will be in hotel row right near MCO airport, and paid for by JetBlue. Nice rooms with small kitchettes (microwave and frig). Local joints such as Bennigans, offer good discounts for dinner. Breakfast is free at the hotel, and lunch is cheap at the training center (subsidized by the company). Your base will automatically be JFK if you choose the E190. If you go for the A320, it will start out as JFK, but when bids go unfilled for other bases (LGB/FLL), new hires get their shot at them in seniority order. However, most of the time you can just expect JFK.

Once you get the call for the classdate, you will get an email from the Chief Pilot's office with all the info you need. Furthermore, the Chief's usually call you before you arrive, so there are no mysteries. You'll also get matched with a line pilot mentor who will guide you through your first few months. You will be well taken care of.

Skirt

Last edited:
Well boys and girls, it's tuesday and it's pretty quiet on here. Did everyone get the email from VK about the backlog? I'm hoping for a class that is sooner than April, but I'll take what I can get.....:beer:

Zipperhead said:
Well boys and girls, it's tuesday and it's pretty quiet on here. Did everyone get the email from VK about the backlog? I'm hoping for a class that is sooner than April, but I'll take what I can get.....:beer:

Hey there brother -

Got the email, was hoping to get into a class sooner rather than later, but whatever...good things come to those who wait I guess. It's just making it very difficult to firm up some decisions about when things need to be taken care of from my family's perspective. I heard something on this board about JB trying to notify everyone by Jan 20; I hope that is true, since that would give us all a hard date to work around, even if it meant a March or April classdate versus a February one. Perhaps they are taking into consideration the Indy folks (and whomever else) that have recently been furloughed, and trying to get them into class sooner. If that is indeed the case, I have no problem waiting a little longer to hear.

I'm still very excited about the prospect of working for JetBlue, and hope we all hear something soon...

Other than that, like you said Zipper, it's been mighty quiet on here...c'mon, folks, if you got the call, let us hear the good news!

Keep the faith!

-TG

Hey Zipperhead, I hope they call today for your sake. The next few days are going to be interview days and that will have everyone too busy to make calls. I know folks who have waited twelve to fourteen weeks! Hang in there.

That Guy said:
Hey there brother -

Got the email, was hoping to get into a class sooner rather than later, but whatever...good things come to those who wait I guess. It's just making it very difficult to firm up some decisions about when things need to be taken care of from my family's perspective. I heard something on this board about JB trying to notify everyone by Jan 20; I hope that is true, since that would give us all a hard date to work around, even if it meant a March or April classdate versus a February one. Perhaps they are taking into consideration the Indy folks (and whomever else) that have recently been furloughed, and trying to get them into class sooner. If that is indeed the case, I have no problem waiting a little longer to hear.

I'm still very excited about the prospect of working for JetBlue, and hope we all hear something soon...

Other than that, like you said Zipper, it's been mighty quiet on here...c'mon, folks, if you got the call, let us hear the good news!

Keep the faith!

-TG

You will not be "shunted" for any other group. There is no pref hiring going on. The IAD job fair is to inform of B6's hiring projections in the future and to educate on how to best apply.
I think they are a little backed up. Phase II can take over 10 weeks to the call.
Good luck.

elag777 said:
You will not be "shunted" for any other group. There is no pref hiring going on. The IAD job fair is to inform of B6's hiring projections in the future and to educate on how to best apply.
I think they are a little backed up. Phase II can take over 10 weeks to the call.
Good luck.

Hey, that's not what I meant at all. From our perspective, it just seems to be taking forever. I did not even mention the job fair, and personally, wouldn't mind if fellow pilots who are out of work (and interviewed the same time we did in Nov) are called before the rest of us who still have jobs. Who knows, that may be against some obscure hiring law (wouldn't surprise me in this day and age), but I wasn't referring to the upcoming job fair, or that those individuals would be put ahead of us.

Well aware Phase II can take over 10 weeks...I've lost count, but it's rapidly approaching that point for a lot of us. Like I said, I think the opportunity at JB is totally worth the wait, sorry if you thought I was referring to some sort of preferential treatment during the hiring process. It can be a tad difficult for those of us who are waiting and have a lot to get accomplished before class begins, but thank God I have a very understanding wife!

I can't wait to meet everyone who I've been communicating with on here in person...I had a dream the other night I was waiting at MCO for one of you to arrive for class, and I was picking you up. I don't know if it's prophetic or pathetic!

I think I'll start using the acronym 'KTF' for Keep the Faith, since I've been typing it so much lately! So, KTF!

-TG

TG:
I wasn't trying to put words into your mouth, just let you know that this would not be the case, I am sure you have a low pressure system of thoughts swirling around in all this "wait time"! It is worth the wait as painful as it is..
E

KTF

Latest resources

Back