jetBlue Nov 2,3 interviews. Any info yet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
J32driver said:
Got a question about the 1st couple days of class when it finally happens. I understand that spouses are welcome at the mixer and the 1st day of class. Can anyone tell me if my wife comes down how much involvement is there really for the spouse? We are trying to plan whether or not she wants to make the trip.

Preface: Two years ago.

My wife loved it and loved the consideration of being included in the Jet Blue family. She got to meeet a lot of people we both now call friends and gained a little insight to the complexities of the job. Ex.: not just that I'm gone on the road partying all the time (although, company sponsored, we did our share of that) but there is a lot of work involved. Plus she did a CAT III autoland, pretty cool. For three weeks she had more time in the bus than me and reminded me of it constantly.

Welcome Aboard,

Counselair:beer:

Congratulations and Welcome aboard!

I'd second Counselair's comments. It's a wonderful opportunity for her to really understand something about JetBlue and flying the Airbus. It also allows her to meet your classmates and then later follow-along with your stories about what so-and-so did. Most people bring a sig-nif-other and I think the program works great

-- Skygod, one of those who calls Counselair a friend. To his face. When not under oath . . .

Last edited:
J32driver said:
Got a question about the 1st couple days of class when it finally happens. I understand that spouses are welcome at the mixer and the 1st day of class. Can anyone tell me if my wife comes down how much involvement is there really for the spouse? We are trying to plan whether or not she wants to make the trip.

I too will choose the bus if succesful in phase 2. My reasons echo what a319drvr said: I don't need PIC time, the pay is initially better, and I think I want to be based in FLL.

Bring your wife. She will have a great time. Mine talks about it all the time, and was glad she went.

General Lee said:
Why is everyone (on here at least) seem to be turning down the E190? I thought the upgrade was shorter on the E190 than the bus? Do some of you want LGB or FLL vs JFK?

Bye Bye--General Lee

Everybody? I counted two.

Skygod said:
Congratulations and Welcome aboard!

I'd second Counselair's comments. It's a wonderful opportunity for her to really understand something about JetBlue and flying the Airbus. It also allows her to meet your classmates and then later follow-along with your stories about what so-and-so did. Most people bring a sig-nif-other and I think the program works great

-- Skygod, one of those who calls Counselair a friend. To his face. When not under oath . . .

Agree. Best thing I did was bring my wife to orientation. Meeting Dave and David was very important to her. She now understands RASM/CASM.

When she complained I wasn't home enough and wanted more money I let her do my bidding and cut out the middle-man! (just joking)

How long from app to intial call for interview? How about internal rec. does that seem to shorten the initial process?

It took me almost 2 years from initial app until the call for interview. Unfortunately internal rec's don't help until after your interview.

ATRCA said:
How long from app to intial call for interview? How about internal rec. does that seem to shorten the initial process?

The date of application has nothing (or almost nothing) to when you are called for an interview. The computer shuffles the stack before each hiring period. Internal rec's are no help until after you are chosen for interview.

Latest resources

Back