• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue - Nov 2-3 Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they are working on the payrates, all, I have heard will go to the 190, there are enough in the pool waiting for the amount of 320 classes set for the beginning of next year.:(

Hope the rates are coming up!!!

Also- if anyone hears anything about the pay increase for the EMB-190's, please post the new rates. I have heard that their may be some new pay rates by the end of the year!!

How can a company that is not making money give pilots raises? I hope you are right, but I have been hearing this for over a year.

According to the folks I interviewed with, they still plan on giving people a choice of aircraft provided they can fill all 190 classes. If they can not fill a class they may have to only offer the 190 for a while, but this sounded to me like a fluid situation and by no means only the 190 would be offered if they can help it. They like to "let people choose their own destiny".

As for the new pay scale, it is going to happen within the next two weeks. They have been talking about it for a while, doing cost analysis, etc. and the new scale will be revealed within the next two weeks. I was told this by several people in the know in NYC.

V/R,
CB

What kind of raises are you talking about? Across the board or just 190 FO. Should be very interesting.

Why should JB raise the 190 rates of pay?????? They still have thousands willing to work at the current rates of pay. I do hope they are raised but I think this is all wishfull thinking.

They asked me which aircraft I preferred, saying 190's would be in class first qtr 07, and A320 would be 2nd qtr of 07.

How can a company that is not making money give pilots raises? I hope you are right, but I have been hearing this for over a year.

Come on Hutch your thinking too much Continental here. They told them a year ago when the got the 190 that the rates would be reviewed at the 1 year mark and adjusted according to the profitability of the fleet. At that one year mark they put together a compensation commitee that is reviewing rates for both fleets as we speak. They will get raises because management said they would do it and the live up to their word around here. I'm not sure if we will here in the next couple of weeks, but we will know by Jan 1 which is when they are apparently going to be effective. As far as numbers go, I have no idea where they will be. If the rumors I've heard are correct, I'll make lots more money at JetBlue over a 10 year period than I would have if I went to CAL (Retirement excluded). :)

What kind of raises are you talking about? Across the board or just 190 FO. Should be very interesting.

Rumors are a raise for the 320 guys and 190 pay based on a percentage of 320 pay. Very tight lipped about it though so it's best to wait till the official word is out.

They asked me which aircraft I preferred, saying 190's would be in class first qtr 07, and A320 would be 2nd qtr of 07.

Looks like classes every two weeks starting Jan 3rd. Classes will be 14 320 guys and 8 190 guys each at least through the end of Feb. Haven't heard beyond Feb other than they plan on around 350 total for 2007.

According to the folks I interviewed with, they still plan on giving people a choice of aircraft provided they can fill all 190 classes. If they can not fill a class they may have to only offer the 190 for a while, but this sounded to me like a fluid situation and by no means only the 190 would be offered if they can help it. They like to "let people choose their own destiny".

Form those who I have spoken to the word is that there are so many people in the pool who are waiting for the 320 that effectively everyone who just interviewed will only be offered the 190.

If this turns out to be the case then the entire recruitment staff just wasted their time and the time of all the applicants who interviewed in November.

Latest resources

Back