• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue May 16, 17 Interveiw Session

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are right, They are interviewing in June. I just meant to say that they are not calling anymore people until the end of the year for interviews. I think the next A-320 class is suppose to be in late August.

Dudes,

If anyone waiting for interview results feel compelled to vent on here and say "well...I'm not sure I REALLY want to work there..." or "...seems like the company may have some issues...", I question their overall situation awareness. If you want the job--great. If you want to play it cool, get the offer, and then decide--that's cool too. However, you are NEVER anonymous on these boards, and if you think Dogwood, Skirt, Eagleflip, and a host of other Jetblue pilots don't notice the negativity you are very much out of touch. Will it affect your chance at Phase I? I have no idea. However, asking for job, then bitching about the the job's limitations on a public forum WHILE WAITING FOR RESULTS is downright silly.

Getting a job is a game, or a dance, or a pain in the @ss depending on how you look at it. However, there are some very basic rules or steps to the game. Unless you like interviewing for sport, I think you better give that some consideration before your next interview.

Hey Albie,

As usual, I always appreciate your insightful comments! As you know, I usually lurk and seldom post. Unless I have a unique take on an issue or insight others might not have (and lets face it, I never have inside gouge), I keep my comments to myself.

However, I will add to Albie's post. Dean Melonas himself has said repeatedly, he too keeps abreast of this board. He's even called me jointops instead of my own name. Shocked me that he was that informed. Of course, I was relieved to know I never post inappropriately. Unless it's in response to Flipper.

Happy landings,

Longhorn said:
Before you start calling our 320 rates pathetic, you should look at the rates of United, NWA and America West. NWA's 320 rates were lower to our before their recent pay cuts, America West we are higher than and the same thing as United. Then, you add the 150% above 70 hours and you are looking at $207.93/hr.

NWA 137/hr at 12 years
United 131/hr at 12 years
USAir/America West 125 at 16 years

Yes, our 190 rates are low but the 320 rates are not low at all comparitivly speaking

You can't compare those rates at UAL, NWA, and USAir with B6's. The 3 legacy's have a B plan paying anywhere from 8% to 15%. That makes the pay package many more dollars over the long run.

HighSpeedClimb said:
You can't compare those rates at UAL, NWA, and USAir with B6's. The 3 legacy's have a B plan paying anywhere from 8% to 15%. That makes the pay package many more dollars over the long run.

Point taken, but no one is discussing retirement. The post is simply comparing A320 pay rates. Let's keep apples with apples here.:cool:

5/16 interview

Interviewed 5/16... First available...waiting on e-mail/call/letter...I thought it went great, but my opinion dosen't account for any thing in this equation.

Update on the May interview list:

Name............Email yet?
pilottodd2................N
Masterofpuppets.......N
Grommet................N
Uppercrust..............N
Milehye..................N
Flylears...................N
4got2flare...............N
Medfly....................N
Burg.......................N

As of 11am CST, still no Email...

Updates from another link as to the class progression:
June:....EMB:.......2 classes of 5 each; Airbus:....0
July:....EMB:.......2 classes of 5 each; Airbus:.....0
August:.EMB:.......2/3 classes of 5 each; Airbus:...Aug 30 (maybe), otherwise Sept 13th.

One person from March interview class was called yesterday and accepted a July 19th class on the EMB.

Good Luck to all!

Latest resources

Back