• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue made good this quarter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rumor is Auburn Football team. Sign me up! I'll take the Tiger Paws (dance team) any day. Just kidding - I wish! :bawling:

Lake Alice said:
I remember hearing that we would have a less than stellar '06 but 2007 and beyond were going to be great for some reason. Why is that?

Maybe is because there will be more "connecting the dots" between all the cities that we have opened this year. DN did say that we will increase frequency in those. Also, better utilization on the 190 after recovering from the last rough winter. I may be wrong.
From the call, I got the impression that that the A/C helped considerably in the small profit. :beer:

Bavarian Chef said:
Military charters, yes. Taking "the band" to a football game, oh the humanity.

I think it was mentioned already..

But we have quite a few Gitmo charters lined up too.

8vATE said:
I think it was mentioned already..

But we have quite a few Gitmo charters lined up too.

BTW, charters are not cheap. Anything around 1.5 hours each leg could run around 90k round trip (A-320). "Signem" up!

I will gladly take the band for 90k and if need be, any dance team or cheerleading squad or maybe even a mascot or two.

:D

seahorse said:
Yeah but how much of that profit is attributed to not having to pay for cabin cleaners? :D

You are not allowed to bash JetBlue in any form on this forum.

Neeleman sure has tamed his predictions compared to earlier comments about future financial performance. Not a bash blue boys, just an observation.

Last edited:
C601 said:
If they sold aircraft to break even this quarter, next quarter they will be pissing againest the wind :)

"JetBlue's 'core' -- nonfuel -- guidance has been diminished," said J.P. Morgan analyst Jamie Baker in a note. "Fuel cannot be blamed and its valuation continues to stretch well beyond reasonable airline levels."

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060725:MTFH87751_2006-07-25_20-22-45_N25316854&type=comktNews&rpc=44

They didn't sell aircraft this quarter. Don't make statements you know nothing about. Right now there is only an "LOI" for the five aircraft. Those numbers will downgrade debt, as well.

CD

Andy said:

We are currently experiencing oil prices at historic highs.

Actually, the inflation adjusted price for the peak during the Arab oil embargo is about $86/barrel. Still have a ways to go.

curtaindriver said:
I think maybe SWA/FO was jabbin everyone that sais SWA is cheating about hedges. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he was joking.

CD

I think you are right, that was my take too.

Latest resources

Back