JetBlue made good this quarter

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lowecur said:
Also, lot's of charters for football teams this fall. Good way to make a buck till the winter season arrives.

:pimp:

AHA! You really are David Neeleman!

Ahem ... training is a fixed cost. Fuel Hedging ... should have looked a little closer. News to me and probably to most pilots. Do Pop Warner teams travel on jb?

Reducing the number of employees per plane? Can't wait to see how that pans out on the next IROP.

Bavarian Chef said:
I did hear a report on CNBC yesterday that talked about a lot more oil being discovered and brought into the market in Russia (for example) which could very well bring the price back down. Not sure I believe that one. Problem is, look at how our costs are skyrocketing despite our cost-cutting.

:(

There is a significant amount of oil in Russia. Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, and Kazakhstan also have a lot of oil.
The problem with Russian oil is that a lot of it is in 'environmentally challenging' locations. ie Siberia. Russia needs US oil technology in order to tap into that oil supply. Problem is, Russia won't open up bidding on those contracts to US companies until Russia is admitted to the WTO. I think that they hit another snag in the process last week, so it could be a while before the Russian oil starts to get tapped.
The oil in Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan, and Kazakhstan has a different problem; one of transportation. There needs to be a pipeline built across Afghanistan and Pakistan out into the Arabian Sea in order to get a decent quantity of that oil.

Higher fuel prices have spurred additional oil exploration; it takes more than a year to bring new supplies on line.

We are currently experiencing oil prices at historic highs. While there is upside potential (especially with the Israel/Lebanon factor), I wouldn't be surprised to see oil prices fall as new supplies are introduced to the world oil market.

lowecur said:
Also, lot's of charters for football teams this fall. Good way to make a buck till the winter season arrives.

Surely you're not talking NFL teams. Last year, the Redskins were 'forced' to charter a 767-200 because larger aircraft weren't available from United. The amount of gear and all the other sh!t that goes on the road with a team would take up more space than a 320 can provide.

UPDATE 5-JetBlue 2nd-quarter EPS flat; outlook disappoints

If they sold aircraft to break even this quarter, next quarter they will be pissing againest the wind :)

"JetBlue's 'core' -- nonfuel -- guidance has been diminished," said J.P. Morgan analyst Jamie Baker in a note. "Fuel cannot be blamed and its valuation continues to stretch well beyond reasonable airline levels."

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/artic...7-25_20-22-45_N25316854&type=comktNews&rpc=44

C601 said:
If they sold aircraft to break even this quarter, next quarter they will be pissing againest the wind :)

"JetBlue's 'core' -- nonfuel -- guidance has been diminished," said J.P. Morgan analyst Jamie Baker in a note. "Fuel cannot be blamed and its valuation continues to stretch well beyond reasonable airline levels."

http://yahoo.reuters.com/news/articlehybrid.aspx?storyID=urn:newsml:reuters.com:20060725:MTFH87751_2006-07-25_20-22-45_N25316854&type=comktNews&rpc=44

A quote from your article:

"But chief executive David Neeleman said on a conference call that jet fuel prices were solely to blame for the softer guidance and the company's cost-cutting efforts were about 5 percent ahead of schedule."

Tell the whole story.

Bavarian Chef said:
A quote from your article:

"But chief executive David Neeleman said on a conference call that jet fuel prices were solely to blame for the softer guidance and the company's cost-cutting efforts were about 5 percent ahead of schedule."

Tell the whole story.

Well I guess we will have to wait until quarter to find out if he his right... But then again if he is not, just blame the fuel prices....:rolleyes:

Andy said:
Surely you're not talking NFL teams. Last year, the Redskins were 'forced' to charter a 767-200 because larger aircraft weren't available from United. The amount of gear and all the other sh!t that goes on the road with a team would take up more space than a 320 can provide.
He just said charters. I'm sure there are plenty of alumni charters, or even schools that charter two a/c so they can take "the band."

lowecur said:
He just said charters. I'm sure there are plenty of alumni charters, or even schools that charter two a/c so they can take "the band."

Military charters, yes. Taking "the band" to a football game, oh the humanity.

C601 said:
Well I guess we will have to wait until quarter to find out if he his right... But then again if he is not, just blame the fuel prices....:rolleyes:

What airline did you say you work for?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back